Performances (Jimmy Darling Head Canon)

Head Canon: Jimmy before & after a performance

------------------------------------------------------

Before a performance:

--- Jimmy was always nervous before he had to perform. Something about the fact that everyone would be staring at his deformity & be disgusted by it always made him uncomfortable. So, he always had a little routine he did before every show that made him more excited & less nervous to perform, which involved you.

         -- Before every performance, Jimmy would make sure you were backstage. Once you were there, he would smile at you, tell you an incredibly stupid joke, listen to your glorious laugh that made everything inside him melt, & finally, give you a loving kiss. It was a small, quick routine, but it never ceased to calm him down enough to perform without a single worry or fear in his mind.

--- Sometimes, he would play with the necklace around his neck that adorned his wedding ring because he was instantly reminded of you & the fact that he was your husband.

During a performance:

--- Jimmy would always peek behind his shoulder to steal glances at you while he performed. You always playfully rolled your eyes at him & he'd flash you his charming grin, making you swoon.

--- He also loved to teasingly wink at you, just to get you riled up.

--- But most of all, he would blow kisses at you when the crowd wasn't paying attention, & pretend to be upset with you when you didn't catch them.

After a performance:

--- After he finished a performance, he always ran upto you backstage & picked you up, spinning you around as you tried to hold onto him. He was always so affectionate towards you, especially on nights when he had to perform. He always said that you were his good luck charm that brought out the best in him, & that's exactly what he needed on performance nights.

--- He also would mumble countless "I love you"s as he showered you with kisses after a long night, keeping you both up way past curfew, not that you minded. In all honesty, you loved these nights the most because that was when that special side of Jimmy that only you got to see became known.

              -- "Aah Jimmy! Put me down!"
              -- "Sorry, Doll, no can do! I love ya too much to let ya down."

Sneak Peek:

Jimmy was backstage, pacing a bit as he waited for you to show up. You had been gathering tickets at the booth all night & weren't able to go backstage before the show began. Luckily, Ethel had come over & told you that Jimmy wanted to see you, so she'd man the ticket booth for you while you were gone.

You eagerly made your way backstage & found Jimmy pacing. You instantly broke out into a huge smile when you saw your husband, "Jimmy!" he instantly looked up & stopped pacing, his grin matching your own as you scurried over to him.

You went to hug him, but he stopped you. You sighed & placed a hand on your hip, pretending to be mad at him. You knew he was just sticking to his routine, but you still got a little irritated with him when he made you wait to give him affection. He just smiled, "What did the sea say to the sand?"

You could already feel a laugh coming on, "I don't know, what?"

He shrugged, "Nothin', it just waved," you immediately burst into laughter, making Jimmy grin.

You shook your head as you laughed & pulled him into a hug, "You're so silly, Mr. Darling."

He returned your hug with a firm grip & grinned wider, "Only for you, Mrs. Darlin'," you blushed softly at the mention of your new surname & looked up at him. His grin softened to his signature smile, his fused fingers gently brushing your hair out of your eyes. He cupped your chin gently & you pursed your lips, signaling for him to just kiss you already. He laughed at your cuteness & eagerly pulled you in for a kiss. You were quick to kiss him back, wrapping your arms around his neck in an attempt to pull him closer. He let his hands rest at your waist as kept pressing kisses to your lips.

"Jimmy! Get your ass out there!" Elsa whisper-yelled at Jimmy as she peered her head through the curtains. Jimmy sighed & pressed a final kiss to your nose before he pulled away.

"Sorry, Doll."

You smiled, "Go knock 'em dead."

He smiled back, "I love you."

You laughed, "Get out there before Elsa cuts off your head!" he laughed as you pushed him towards the stage. He turned to head out, "Oh & Jimmy?"

He turned to you, "Yes, Darlin'?"

You smiled & kissed his cheek, "I love you, too," he grinned & stepped out onto the stage, blowing you a kiss before he began his performance.