Birthday Smiles (Evan Peters x Reader)

REQUESTED: A birthday drabble?

------------------------------------------------------

You tied the remaining streamers along the stairs of your home, your heels bouncing in excitement. You had been waiting 364 days for this special day & you were going to make it perfect.

It was Evan's birthday today & you had went all out. You woke up at three in the morning to decorate the entire expanse of the home you both shared. Although your home was fairly small, you had soooo many decorations that it took the same amount of time it would take to decorate a mansion.

It was nearly nine in the morning now & Evan would be up any minute. You had blown up several balloons & laid them along the floor of your bedroom, waiting for the birthday boy to wake up. Downstairs, you had his special birthday garb ready, along with the cupcakes you spent all night slaving over while Evan was asleep. You tied the last bit of streamer onto the railing of the staircase before you headed back downstairs & into the kitchen.

Upstairs, Evan was waking up, rubbing his eyes as he turned in bed & stretched a bit, "Good morning," Evan chirped, reaching out towards your side of the bed. When he touched the expanse of your now empty side, he frowned & turned to find that you were gone. He looked around the room, oblivious to the balloons on the floor, & frowned even more when you were nowhere to be found.

He tiredly stood up, his feet brushing up against a few balloons. He immediately looked down when he felt them come into contact with his feet. It took him a moment, but he finally realized the balloons were for his birthday. A smile softly painted his face as he walked around the balloons & headed downstairs. He caught wind of the streamers & chuckled a bit as he carefully walked down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs, he found the extensive decorating that clearly took you all morning. Balloons, streamers, banners, & other birthday trinkets hung from every corner & wall imaginable. There wasn't a single space left undecorated.

"Happy birthday!" Evan turned to find you practically squealing with excitement, a large birthday hat in your hand & a big button in the other. Evan's smile widened as you made your way over to him, pressing a kiss to his cheek before you gingerly snapped the hat onto his head. He made a cute face at you & laughed as you pinned the huge button on his shirt, the words "Birthday Boy" written on it in big, capital letters. You pulled out a small little paper from the bottom of the button & suddenly, it light up, flashing like a strobe light. Evan just laughed harder & he grinned as you pulled him into a hug, "Happy birthday!" you repeated excitedly.

He returned your hug, burying his face in your hair as he continued to smile, "Thank you," he whispered.

Evan had been having a rough couple weeks this past month or so. He was really down & sad, not having smiled in a long time. This was why you had gone a bit overboard for his birthday, in the hopes it would finally bring that smile back & so far, it had. You would do anything to make him smile, even if it meant going above & beyond for him.

You pulled away from the hug & gave him a quick kiss, "Come on, I need to feed you your special birthday breakfast," he laughed as you excitedly dragged him into the kitchen. You pulled out his chair for him & pushed him down in it, letting him observe the huge breakfast you had made.

His eyes widened a bit as he looked it all over before looking back at you, "You made all this for me? Did you even sleep?"

You grinned mischeviously, "Sleep is for the weak," he laughed & pulled you down into his lap, hugging you.

"You're spoiling me."

You returned his hug, smiling, "You earned it," he flashed you that cute smile he always had when he was really happy, the one where his eyes crinkled up so that all you saw was his smile and dimples. You laughed at his cuteness and hugged him tighter, "Now eat up! We've got a big, special day ahead of us," he continued to smile as he happily ate the breakfast you made him, still holding you in his lap and refusing to let you get up, no matter how many times you tried to.