Prompt #32 (Quicksilver [X-Men] x Reader)

"Hey, have you seen the...? Oh."

------------------------------------------------------

"You're an early bird, aren't you?" Peter smiled down in his arms, staring adoringly at deep brown eyes, "Four o'clock in the morning is a super early time to be up, but then again, I'm usually up at three so I guess it's not really that early," he rambled quickly, the brown eyes blinking softly as they watched & listened to him. They couldn't understand a word he was saying, but they loved listening to his soft, comforting voice. Peter normally spoke so fast that his words were beyond comprehension, but after he met you, he really settled down & began enjoying the "slow" parts of the world. Of course, he still loved being in Quicksilver Time & running faster than the speed of sound, but he also loved slowing down to normal time & spending it with you.

Even in normal time, the years passed by faster than Peter had anticipated. It was as if by the time he blinked, you were both in your twenties, he was out of his Mom's basement, & married to you. And now, he had another achievement to add to his list, something he had wanted more than anything else in the world (other than marrying you).

His smile widened at the little critter in his arms, leaning down to kiss its head. He laughed softly when they made a small noise, making his smile grow impossibly wider, "You're so cute."

As Peter sat down on the back porch, cradling & cuddling the bundle in his arms, you groggily woke up. These past few weeks had been incredibly tough on you, resulting in an overwhelming amount of sleepless nights. You didn't sleep much to begin with, but going from little sleep to no sleep was really taking a toll on you, & Peter noticed. You would fall asleep constantly throughout the day: at the table, while you showered, & you had even fallen asleep while you were cooking, nearly burning yourself in the process. Thankfully, Peter got to you every time before you got hurt, but he was incredibly worried about you. He started monitoring your sleeping patterns & making you stick to a strict sleeping schedule. You didn't want him to do all the work alone, but he was too stubborn to listen, constantly reminding you that he had everything under control & knew what he was doing. You knew he was just being the caring person he always was & you knew he was right. You needed to get some sleep, if you planned on being able to help your husband with the daily chores & new set of duties.

You got up & went to go check up on the little rascal, searching for your husband as you did so. You tiredly waddled into the nursery, rubbing your eyes & yawning as you walked to the crib. You looked inside, shocked to see that your baby was not in his crib.

"You look soooo much like your Mom, you know that?" Peter said, admiring all the features of yours that your son possessed; however, he was happiest about the dark brown eyes & faintly silver hair his son clearly got from his father, "But you've got your Dad's hair & eyes," he grinned, "You're going to be a total stud; girls are going to chase you constantly, but they'll never catch you."

"Peter? Have you seen the...? Oh," you went back to the bedroom to get Peter, but he wasn't there. You searched around the house for your husband & son, unaware that they were both just outside on the backyard porch. You started to worry, hoping that Peter maybe just took him out with him for his morning run. You went into the kitchen & tried to calm yourself down, getting yourself a glass of water.

Meanwhile, Peter was still grinning & laughing as he eskimo kissed his son, making silly faces at him when he pulled away. His son giggled & squealed with delight, reaching his hands towards his father in an attempt to grab onto his face. This only made Peter happier as he gently started bouncing his son in his lap, continuing to make faces at him & every now & then blowing a raspberry against his cheek. His son was laughing loudly, smiling brightly & flashing him his toothless gums. Peter laughed as his son grabbed onto his nose, squeezing it between his little fingers, "Heyyyyy!" he mused, "It's not nice to grab people's noses, Franklin," he mock scolded, laughing immediately as he did so, "I'm sorry I can't do this; you're too cute to yell at," he grinned teasingly, "I'll let your Mom do the disciplining. She's really good at that," he giggled, "She yells at your Daddy all the time," he cleared his throat & assumed a horrible impression of you, "'Peter, stop leaving your clothes all over the place'. 'Don't run around the house'. 'Slow down! You're knocking everything over'," his son could only watch as his father proceeded to be the normal goofball he was, telling him all about you & how you were the most amazing person he'd ever met, but that you needed to learn to live a little.

After you finished your glass of water, your ears perked up at the sound of the door closing. You immediately got up & raced into the living room, finding Peter, still in his pajamas & holding your son, "There you two are," you sighed with relief & immediately rushed over to them.

Peter smiled as he gently held up his son, wiggling his son's hand at you, "Hi Mommy," he said in a baby voice, "Daddy & I were outside in the back, enjoying the sunrise."

You rolled your eyes & Peter laughed, gently cradling baby Franklin back to his chest, "I swear, you're such a child."

He grinned goofily at you, "Yeah, but that's what you love about me."

You looked up at him, his silver hair sticking up wildly in all directions, his bags puffed out & prominent, & his bright smile beaming at you, & you practically felt your heart melt, "Well, that's just one thing I love about you," his grin widened & he leaned closer, being mindful of the little baby in his arms as he kissed you cautiously. You returned his kiss eagerly, missing the contact you had lacked from him since Franklin was born.

Unfortunately, the kiss didn't last long as Franklin began grabbing & pinching at Peter's chin, making him laugh into the kiss, "You want a kiss from Daddy, too?" you rolled your eyes but smiled as Peter picked his son up again, pulling him close as he pressed a kiss to his temple.

Suddenly, Franklin coughed & a handful of vomit flew out onto Peter's favorite pajama shirt.

You burst out laughing as Peter made a disgusted face, holding Franklin out a few feet in front of him, "That's disgusting. Please, get him away from me," you just laughed harder as you grabbed your son, cradling him into your chest as Peter raced off to clean the vomit off his shirt.

You grinned down at your son, gently cleaning his mouth with the small bib around his neck, "You're going to be a Momma's boy, aren't you?" Franklin just stared up at you with wide eyes, cracking a slight smile & giggling quietly. You kissed his forehead gently, smiling against his warm skin, "That's my boy."

Peter suddenly returned, his shirt changed & his hair dripping wet. He had taken a quick shower because he didn't want to smell the baby vomit all day & was playfully glaring at his son, "I can't believed you just threw up on one of my favorite shirts. Soooo not cool, bro."

You laughed & kissed Peter's cheek, "It's not his fault! You probably bounced him too much," his eyes widened as he remembered that he had been playing with him a little too much this morning & he was instantly overwhelmed with guilt.

"Aw shucks, I'm sorry little guy. I was just super excited to have another playmate," Franklin gurgled & made little grabby hands at Peter, causing your husband to smile widely. You rolled your eyes & gently handed your son back to Peter, who eagerly scooped him back into his arms, "I couldn't stay mad at you anyway. You're just too darn cute," he cooed, averting his gaze to you for a moment, "just like your Mom," you snorted but hugged his waist, leaning your head against his shoulder. He pressed his cheek against your head as you both stared happily at your son, who returned your smiles & reached out expectantly towards his parents.