Mama Duck (Evan Peters x Reader)

*We learned about animal imprinting today & my Biology professor told us a cute story about how a baby duck imprinted on her & it made me think of this. Hope you guys like it*

------------------------------------------------------

He didn't plan for this to happen. All he wanted to do was go home straight from the airport & see you, whom he hasn't seen in over a month because he was filming his latest project all the way in Africa. He couldn't wait to be able to hear the sweet tone of your voice, to smell the intoxicating combination of your shampoo & hand lotion, to feel the warmth of your lips moving gently against his...

God, did he miss you.

He missed you so much that he wasn't even upset about the fact that his cab driver had to kick him out several miles prior to your home due to a flat tire, being forced to walk the remaining two miles or so to your house, dragging his suitcase behind him. He missed you so much that he couldn't think straight & didn't attempt to think rationally at all when he saw the small duckling flapping around viciously. He stopped when he heard the desperate quacks the little bird was emitting, releasing his suitcase for a moment as he bent down to get a closer look. The poor creature got his webbed foot stuck in the sewer gate along the side of the curb. Evan knew he had probably been accidentally washed out of his home in the small lake a few miles downtown, where a lovely lake, park, & fishing area was.

So, being the empathetic, kind, & secretly paternal man he was, he took a moment to help get the duck's foot out of the sewer gate. The duck let out a loud quack as Evan pulled his foot free & gently set him down on the sidewalk. The little duck shook his foot a bit, probably to make sure his little foot still functioned, & looked up at Evan. Evan smiled, "You're welcome, now go home; I'm sure your Mom & Dad are looking for you," & with that, he grabbed his suitcase & continued on his merry way.

His mind was quick to forget about the cute little duck he rescued as it immediately went back to thinking about you & how excited he was to finally be home. His mind was so out of it that he didn't notice all the people who would stop to take a look at him, some even taking pictures & videos as he passed by, & many strings of "awww"s followed him as he left. It wasn't until he made it into your neighborhood that he realized he had company. As soon as he heard that loud quack, he turned around to find the little duck he rescued beside his suitcase, looking up at him expectantly. On the inside, his heart practically melted at the sight, but on the outside, he just chuckled & smiled, "I thought I told you to go home!" he laughed, causing the little duck to quack. The duckling waddled over to Evan, hopping up onto one of his feet (which were just large enough for a little duck to perch on) & sat his little duck butt down on his shoe. Evan just sighed, "Alright, you can come home with me, but I can't promise that my fiancé will let you stay," he reached down & picked up the baby duck, setting him down on his suitcase before he headed down the neighborhood, in search of yours & his home.

He still had more than a few blocks to cover before he reached his destination, which meant more walking & rolling his suitcase. Again, his mind had wandered to thoughts about you, playing back fantasies of what you'll do & say when you saw him walk through the door & again, his companion decided to interrupt his lovely daydreams with a loud quack straight into his ear. His head whipped around quickly, noticing the duck was no longer on the suitcase, but rather, his shoulder.

The little rascal had crawled up onto his shoulder, claiming it as his own.

Evan just shook his head & continued on his way.

Finally, he & his adopted son were home, eager to greet you. His key was in the lock faster than physically possible, the door opening even faster. He peered inside, looking around for a moment before he stepped inside, suitcase, duckling, & all.

"Honey I'm hooooome!" he sang, waiting for your response.

Suddenly, you appeared, practically tumbling down the stairs in eagerness with the biggest smile on your face when you saw him, "Evan!" you crashed your body into his in a hard hug, causing him to stumble a bit & let out a soft "oomf" before he laughed & returned your embrace.

You didn't immediately notice the duckling, since you were completely entranced by the lovely presence of your fiancé, but you did notice the little creature when he started tapping his bill against your arm. You pulled back in surprise & found yourself face to face with the duckling, who introduced himself with a quack.

You smiled & looked to Evan, "Did you get me a duck as a gift?"

He laughed, "No, I found him on the way here with his foot stuck in a sewer gate so I helped him out & he followed me home."

You looked at the two of them for a moment before it hit you & you grinned, "Oh my God," Evan just watched you as you laughed, "He thinks you're his Mom, Evan!" you pinched his cheek playfully, "You're a Mama duck now," he scrunched his face & laughed at your silliness, his cheeks pinkening softly. You released his face & turned your attention to the duckling, petting it gently, "He sure is cute."

"Does that mean we can keep him?" Evan asked hopefully.

You grinned, "Of course."

Evan smiled & turned his head a bit to look at the duck, "Did you hear that? You can stay!" the duckling quacked & nuzzled into Evan's curls, burying himself underneath the bouncy, brown strands.

You couldn't help but laugh, "I think this is the cutest thing I've ever seen, aside from you," you grinned at Evan, who rolled his eyes & leaned in to press a much needed kiss to your lips. You eagerly returned his kiss, pulling him closer.

It was hard to kiss your fiancé & not laugh as his hair bounced & quacked with each movement from either of you. Eventually, you couldn't hold it in any longer & a laugh tumbled out of your mouth & against Evan's lips. He sighed & pulled away, enjoying the sound of your laugh filling his ears. The duckling emerged from Evan's hair nest & flapped his little wings as he bounced onto the couch before hopping onto the floor, waddling into the kitchen.

You both laughed at that.

"Now, where were we?" Evan murmured as he wrapped his arms around your waist & pulled you close. You smirked & kissed him again, wrapping your arms around his neck. It wasn't long before your reunion was interrupted once more when ominous quacks came from the kitchen. You both tried to ignore it, but the duckling was persistent & eventually gave up, "We will finish this," he promised as he walked into the kitchen. You smiled & followed, leaning quietly against the door frame. You watched as Evan fed some bread to the duckling, ripping off small pieces from a slice before feeding him the pieces.

You simply smiled.