New Neighbor (Part 2)

You & Tate had began dating a few months after the Langdons had moved in; however, he only recently found out that you were a ghost. You had told him a few days ago & he became so incredibly upset with you that he hasn't spoken to you since.

Needless to say, you were crushed. You tried talking to him, appearing beside him & in front of him several times, but he just ignored you entirely, stepping aside & walking around you. You wanted nothing more than for him to say something, anything, even if it was just to tell you that he never wanted to see you again. You were desperate to hear his voice, no matter what he said, just as long as he said something.

He kept the silent treatment going for a little over a week, continuing to pretend as if you didn't exist & going about his days until finally, he spoke to you.

That first day, he only told you one word: "Move", but it was stil a start. After that day, his words gradually increased.

The next time he spoke to you was when you appeared in his kitchen early in the morning before school. He was running late & was in the process of scarfing down a bagel as he mumbled a "good morning" to you with his mouth full before he rushed out the door.

The days & number of words he spoke to you continued increasing until finally, the two of you were speaking again. He didn't bring up your argument weeks before & neither did you. It was almost as if the argument never happened. You both continued dating & being a couple, although the amount of PDA between the two of you decreased. You still worried about Tate & whether or not he was okay with all of this. The guilt & worry ate at you constantly as you lay beside Tate in his bed.

Currently, Tate was fast asleep beside you as you laid in his bed. He had an arm wrapped around your waist & his head was buried in his pillow. You were lying on your back with your head turned towards his, facing him. He was breathing quietly, his hand tightening around your waist occasionally. Every once in a while, he would scrunch his nose in his sleep & you had to bite back a smile. You had been smiling so much lately that it actually hurt your face. The muscles in your mouth were actually sore from the extensive amount of smiling you had been doing.

Tate began to stir in his sleep, his eyebrows furrowing as his nose scrunched. The hand wrapped around your waist tightened as his other hand gently rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He blinked a few times before his eyes finally opened, locking onto yours.

You smiled faintly, "Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," he grunted & rolled his eyes, grumbling something indiscernable as he buried his face in your neck. You chuckled quietly as you gently ruffled his hair. Everything was quiet once more & for a moment, you thought he had fallen back asleep; however, he suddenly spoke up.

"This may not be the best of times, but there's something I want to tell you," he said.

You bit your lip, afraid of what he wanted to say, "Shoot."

He gently moved his head back up so he was face-to-face with you before he spoke, "Well, I've been doing a lot of thinking about you being dead & all & how that changes things," you held your breath anxiously as he paused, "And I've decided that it doesn't change anything," you stared at your boyfriend in shock & relief as he flashed you his signature, brilliant smile, "I still love you, more than anything, even if you are just a trapped soul in this house."

You matched his grin, "I'm really glad to hear that," he leaned closer & kissed you softly, still a big groggy from sleep. You returned the kiss as he pulled you closer, letting his other hand trail your hip.

When he pulled away, you smiled as you kissed his nose & whispered, "I love you, too."