Prompts #4 & 20 (James Patrick March [AHS] x Reader)

"Do you...well, I mean...I could give you a massage?"

"I've seen the way you look at me when you think I don't notice."

*Slight crossover with Kyle*

-----------------------------------------------------

"Come on, live a little!" your best friend Kyle chided you. He had dragged you to some huge party being thrown at the Hotel Cortez, a large hotel in a town nearby. You didn't want to go, considering after what happened at Kyle's fraternity party last year. It made you hate parties & practically fear them. You didn't want to lose your best friend all over again.

"Says the dead guy."

"Living dead guy," he corrected, grinning cheekily.

You rolled your eyes, "You know what I mean."

He smiled, a bit more sympathetically this time, "I'm okay now. Besides, I'm basically immortal now."

You rolled your eyes again, but smiled nonetheless, "I know. I just...can't help it."

He gently pulled you into a hug, "You spent your whole life worrying about me that you never let yourself have fun," he looked at you, "You don't have to do that anymore. Just try to let loose for once, please? For me?"

You sighed & smiled, "Alright, I'll try."

He grinned excitedly from ear to ear, "Thank you," he gave you one final, loving squeeze before he went over to his girlfriend, Zoe. Seeing the two of them so happy together made you yearn for a relationship of your own, but you didn't expect to be in one any time soon.

You sipped your fancy drink as you scoured the room, taking in all the guests & hotel goers. Your eyes landed on a man that was standing by the door. He was dressed like he was from the 1920s with a pencil moustache to seal the deal. An interesting costume, you thought to yourself. It was Hallow's Eve, so you figured you'd see some peculiar things. Kyle showed up as Frankenstein because he thought it be the funniest inside joke in history, so you expected to see some weird shit.

That guy by the door was James. He had been looking at the party guests, trying to search for his new victim. He threw this party for that purpose alone, deciding that Hallow's Eve was the perfect time to commit murder; however, he got completely side-tracked when his eyes landed on you. His mind went blank & his heart's circadian rhythm was greatly distorted. At first, he mistaked this feeling for the rush he felt just before a kill, but when he started imagining how he'd kill you, it made his gut wrench itself in knots. He didn't want to kill you; he wanted to do other things to you that he hadn't done since Elizabeth left him. His wife was very meticulous & cynical, much like himself, but you seemed exactly the opposite: sweet & innocent. There was nothing James loved more than taking someone's innocence. Well, except for taking their life.

When his eyes turned & met yours, you immediately turned away, embarrassed you had been caught. There was something mesmerizing about that man. The way he stood with so much pride yet shied away from other guests humbly. The way he leaned on his cane, watching everyone. It creeped you out a little, but you'd be lying if you said it didn't make you curious.

You cautiously returned your eyes to his form, relieved when his eyes were no longer on you nor in your direction. You took a moment to look him over, study him. He seemed well-built, young, & extremely attractive, even with that ridiculous moustache & overly-slicked hair. He definitely seemed rich, or at least in the upper middle class if he could afford a costume that extravagant. He was intriguing & captivating & you couldn't take your eyes off of him.