Happy Hanukkah to Me (Quicksilver [X-Men] x Reader)

Wrote this since today is the first day of Hanukkah. This is also an X-Files crossover, based off of Ice (Season 1, Episode 7). Hope you enjoy, even if you don't celebrate Hanukkah or watch X-Files!
------------------------------------------------------

You glanced over at Peter nervously as your eyes drifted fearfully away from the man that just died in front of you. He was the pilot that brought you, Peter, Hank, & another doctor recommended by the CIA to Alaska to investigate an Arctic project that was being run by some of the greatest scientists in the country. After none of the scientists responded to radio calls, the CIA gave Charles a call, requesting that he send his most scientifically gifted X-Men to assist in determining what happened. Naturally, Charles immediately though of Hank & Hank recommended you because you had been working diligently with him in the lab for several months now. Of course, you refused to go unless your partner & best friend, Peter, came along. Charles was hesitant at first, but he eventually complied & allowed Peter to accompany you & Hank on the mission.

So, you, Hank, & Peter met up with the other recommended doctor & pilot & flew straight to Alaska to investigate. You had found all the scientists dead from what appeared to be self-inflicted gun shots. Essentially, some killed each other & the remaining killed themselves. After several hours of diligent investigating, you all came to the conclusion that the scientists had unearthed a parasitic worm never before seen by man. It had somehow managed to survive in sub zero temperatures, as well as high levels of ammonia. Historically speaking, the world had never seen such high levels of ammonia, even during the first, prehistoric phases of it, so Hank determined that the parasites must have come from a meter that had crashed in that very location, some hundred billion years ago.

After the pilot had become infected from being bitten by a dog with the parasite, who was the only survivor, he had died shortly after Hank & the other doctor extracted the worm from his neck. Since all of you had come into contact with the blood of the pilot & Peter had been attacked by the dog earlier (although his skin hadn't been broken), everyone was beginning to become paranoid for fear of their safety. A powerful blizzard had hit the fort, rendering you all without proper quarantine until the storm let up. Peter couldn't help but curse Charles for not having Ororo join them on this mission, who would have saved them the several days they had to stay in this Hell until the storm passed.

"What are we going to do?" you asked hesitantly.

Hank sighed, looking at you with the same fear in his eyes, "We'll have to check each other to make sure none of us are hosts," he blushed softly after he finished his statement & you knew what that meant.

You would all have to look at each other: naked.

You instinctively paired up with Peter because he was your best friend & you would be most comfortable having him check you. Hank paired with the other scientist since they would both be professional about the procedure, which would make Hank feel less awkward.

"Alright," Peter said, "We'll take the room next door & you guys can stay here," Hank & the other scientist nodded & you & Peter moved to the designated area.

Once the door was closed, you immediately blurted out, "I want to check you first."

Peter blinked for a moment before that familiar smirk appeared on his face, "Oooh, well, if you insist."

You stared at him seriously, "Peter, as much as I appreciate your humor, this isn't the time for it. I need to know you're okay."

He was a bit taken aback at your tone, but he nodded, knowing you were right, "Alright," he removed his jacket, setting it aside before he slowly removed his shirt. You tried to suppress your adoration for him (& the blush in your cheeks) as you slowly & thoroughly examined his chest. You looked over his creamy, pale chest & stomach slowly, making sure there were no black spots nor strange movements under his skin. Then, you slowly began running your fingers across his skin, feeling for any abnormalities. Peter bit his lip, shuddering only slightly when your cold fingers came into contact with his warm skin. He watched you eagerly as you touched him, trying not to think about how much he loved you & had imagined this scenario (aside from the alien parasitic worms that could potentially drive you all mad to point of killing yourselves or each other) in his head, late at night.