Prompt #24 (Kit Walker [AHS] x Reader)

"Come back to bed."

------------------------------------------------------

It was nearly three in the morning when you woke up to an empty bed. You quickly sat up, your eyes scanning the dark expanse of your bedroom for your husband.

"Kit?" you called out into the dark, receiving no answer. You sighed, swinging your legs over the bed. You carefully got up & stretched, yawning as you slipped on your slippers & walked out into the hall.

As you searched for Kit around the house, he was calmly sitting outside on the front porch, enjoying the cool breeze that was currently blowing. He was smoking a cigarette, the nicotine dancing off his tongue & entangling with the wind as it left his lips. He closed his eyes blissfully for a moment, breathing in the cool, Fall air. He really missed the beautiful weather like this that he never got to see when he was at the asylum.

Kit had just recently been released back home to you after being locked at Briarcliff Manor for several, long months. His record & name were finally cleared & he was a free man.

Unfortunately, ever since he got back home, he couldn't sleep. At first, it was because of the nightmares that plagued the undersides of his eyelids when they closed, but now, it was because of how overwhelmed he felt. His senses went into overdrive constantly as they flooded with the familiar scents, sights, feelings, & sounds of his home & you. He had been locked up for so long that he almost forgot how everything was, aside from you. He refused to ever let himself forget about you. He had a picture of you & one of your handkerchiefs that he smuggled into the asylum. He would look at the picture every day & fall asleep smelling your handkerchief, those two items being the only things that kept him from completely losing his mind.

He took another drag from his cigarette as the breeze picked up again, sighing contentedly as he released the toxic smoke from his lungs. He leaned back in his chair, smiling to himself when the cool wind blew through his brown locks.

When you passed by the front window, you finally noticed Kit, sitting outside in his beloved patio chair. You smiled slightly, quietly going over to the front door & opening it. He didn't hear the door as it softly creeped open & you cautiously stepped out onto the patio.

You walked upto his chair, standing behind it as you spoke softly, "Come back to bed."

He smiled widely at the sound of your voice, turning slightly to look at you, "Good mornin', Sweethawt."

You sighed softly, but gave him a faint smile, "It's late, Honey; you need to sleep."

He pouted playfully at you, "Aw shucks, just a few mo'e minutes? Please?"

You exhaled loudly, "Kit..."

He gently stood up after putting out his cigarette, spinning around to face you & take your hand. You sighed as he pulled you closer. He sat back down in his chair & pulled you into his lap, rubbing your back as you snuggled into his chest. He pressed a kiss to your temple, his hand gently & slowly running up & down your back. You relaxed into him, trying not to fall back asleep because you knew Kit would use that as an excuse to stay outside all night & not sleep at all.

Kit softly inhaled the sweet scent of your shampoo mixed with the laundry detergent you used to wash yours & Kit's clothes. You smelled just like your handkerchief & that brought a lovely smile to Kit's face.

You yawned against his chest, "You missed this, didn't you?"

"If by 'this', you mean the weatha & you, then yes, I did miss this," you smiled softly, leaning your head up so you could look at him. He returned your graze, drinking you in for a moment before he leaned down to kiss you. It was a lazy & tired kiss, but there was a lot of love behind it that both of you easily felt. His lips traced yours delicately, as if he was reaquanting himself with the touch of your lips. The kiss quickly turned into a more urgent & rougher one; however, as soon as Kit felt that he was confident enough.

After some time, you broke away, causing Kit to frown. You wrapped your arms around his neck & mumbled, "Come back to bed, if you want to finish this."

He sighed & pressed his forehead against yours, squeezing your hips, "Al'ight, Da'lin', you win. I'll come back to bed with you."

You grinned softly, kissing him quickly as you got up, "Good," you shuffled back towards the bedroom, Kit not too far behind you. You practically fell back into the bed when you slipped your shoes off, making Kit chuckle lightly. He carefully got into bed, moving so that he was hovering above you & gently began to press sleepy kisses against your lips. You returned them eagerly, suddenly wide awake & hungry for the kisses & touches you missed out on these last few months.

Kit murmured against your lips as you pulled away slightly for air, "I know it's late, but God, Sweethawt, I need you," you shuddered softly at his tone, biting your lip as he leaned down & whispered into your ear, "Let me make love to you."

You wrapped your arms around his neck, kissing the spot just behind his ear as you whispered back, "Only if you promise to sleep until noon."

He laughed, the action reverberating throughout your body due to his close proximity, "You gotta deal," he replied.

You instantly returned your lips to his as your fingers tangled themselves into his hair. His hands fumbled with his robe, shedding it & letting it fall to the floor. He set to work on removing your pajamas, his lips never leaving yours as he did so. You tugged at his soft hair as continued to remove both of your guys' clothes hastily, eager to show you just how much he had missed you.

He didn't waste time as he fulfilled his promise, keeping you occupied well into nearly five in the morning. He finally fell asleep almost immediately afterwards, your hands ruffling his hair as he snored peacefully. You soon followed, falling asleep underneath him.

True to his word, he didn't wake up until two in the afternoon the following day, just one hour after you, & was greated with a lovely lunch, courtesy of you.