What He's Like as a Dad (James March Head Canon)

Head Canon: James March as a dad?

How he feels about kids:

--In all honesty, James never planned to be a father. The thought never really crossed his mind, although he did have a fondness for kids. Whenever he had patrons check in with kids, he always gave them a lollipop or a little Hotel Cortez trinket & he always had a smile on his face whenever he heard the laughter of a child. On one occasion in particular, you remembered a lovely couple that checked in & brought along a newborn. They had asked Miss Evers to watch the little one while they went out to relax at the breakfast bar. James had walked in, looking for Miss Evers to ask her to clean up the newest mess he made. When he saw the baby, sleeping peacefully in his crib, he couldn't help but smile at the little guy. He completely forgot about the dead man he slaughtered upstairs as he stared at the baby until Miss Evers came & shooed him away before the parents returned. That night, he brought up children for the first time.

            --"Dear, have you ever pondered the prospect of continuing the March line?"
           -- "James, are you asking me to have kids with you?"
           -- "Yes, I am; we need an heir to the Cortez..." *he purses his lips & mumbles shyly* "& I need someone to give me love & affection when you are not here to provide it."
           -- *You smirk* "And you act like I smother you."
           -- "That is because you do smother me, my love, but I never said I did not enjoy it."

Finding out you're pregnant:

--James wasn't surprised when you did finally conceive, since you had both planned it & had tried for several months by the time you were finally pregnant. That being said; however, he was still so incredibly elated to hear the wonderful news. His smile was so wide it that it looked like it would slice his face in half. He was beyond excited to be a father.

               -- "James?"
               -- "Yes, dear?"
               -- "We did it! I'm finally pregnant!"
               -- *his lips slowly curve into a huge grin* "Splendid! Oh my, I could not bear to wait another minute to hear those lovely words."

-- James couldn't wait to share the news with his employees & friends, insisting that you both had to throw a baby shower immediately, even though it was much to soon to have one, in normal standards, but James would have none of it.

                  -- "Darling, we must throw a shower soon! The entire world deserves to know that another March will be brought into it."
                 -- "James, I'm only 4 weeks along."
                 -- "Nonsense! It is never to early to celebrate a conception, especially one as grand & regal as ours."

-- James would also brag about your pregnancy to his chums during Devil's Night, so much so that it would annoy his guests occasionally, but they never ceased to share their congratulations to you both.

                   -- "Now, onto the next manner of business: my wife & I are attempting to reach an agreement on what color to paint the nursery, but we only continue to reach an impass. Therefore, I would very much like to hear what you great gentlemen have to say on the matter."
                -- *cue the chorus of groans from his guests*
                -- "C'mon, March, not the baby talk again! We were just about to discuss our latest kills!"
                -- "I admit that hearing your latest tales of debauchery & murder do excite me, but this is quite important."
                -- "But James--"
                -- "No! I demand we discuss this matter immediately! My wife desires a neutral color, such as red, so we do not force stereotypical gender roles on our child, but I want a more soft & feminine color, such as pink, because I want our daughter to be the little princess she will become once I spoil her rotten. What do you all have to say about that? Do you have any better color choices?"
              -- *cue the second chorus of groans*