Prompts #1 & 8 (Quicksilver [X-Men] x Reader)

"Come over here & make me."

"Wanna bet?"

------------------------------------------------------

You woke up with a huge headache, the sun's rays beating through the blinds & into your closed eyes, seeping through your eyelids. You groaned & turned around, burying your face in what you thought was a pillow. It was incredibly soft & warm, smelling faintly of sugar &  cologne. You recognized the scent immediately, smiling to yourself. It was Peter's scent. You must have crashed in his basement after a long night of video games, junk food, & soda. You snuggled tighter into the pillow, relishing in the favorite scent of your boyfriend.

You felt a pair of arms wrap around you in response, making you freeze. Pillows didn't have arms.

Your eyes immediately shot open & locked onto those familiar brown eyes. The bags under his eyes were puffy, his eyes slightly lidded & his hair a mess, but he flashed you that brilliant smile that could make the world stop spinning on its axis, "Good morning," he said gruffly, his voice hoarse from sleep.

You returned his smile, "Good morning," you said quietly.

He gently brushed a strand of hair out of your eyes, still smiling at you, "Did you sleep well?"

You nuzzled your face in his hand, causing him to grin as he moved to cup your cheek, "Yeah, but my head is killing me."

He laughed knowingly, "Caffeine & sugar hangover."

"Damn you," you teased.

He grinned & leaned closer to press a sleepy kiss to your lips, "Well, considering I'm drunk on you, consider us even."

You rolled your eyes, "It's too early for you to be this cheesy."

He laughed against your lips, making your body reverberate with the sound, "It's never too early for that," he gently turned to lay on his back & you slowly pushed closer to him, snuggling into his side & placing your left hand on his chest. He gently rubbed your back with the hand he wrapped around you & you buried your face in his shirt. The scent of sugar & cologne you woke up to filled your nostrils once more, making you smile & relax into him. You noticed something twinkling in the sunlight against your hand, so you lifted it up to have a closer look.

Right there, on your left ring finger, was a bright, thin, silver band.

You sat up so quickly you banged your head against the low ceiling of his room,  "Holy shit!"

Peter immediately sat up with you, "What's wrong? Are you okay?" You were too shocked to feel the pain of your head bang, but you turned to look at your boyfriend, your eyes wide as you showed him your hand. His eyes grew as wide as dinner plates & he immediately went to look at his own hand. He found the same band around his left ring finger, only thicker. He looked back up to you, "How much Mountain Dew did we have last night?!"

You ran a hand through your hair & sighed, "Okay, okay, let's just calm down. Maybe we just bought the rings. I don't see any marriage certificates lying around," you looked around the room, not finding anything. Peter stood up, hearing a crinkling sound coming from his back pocket. His eyes locked onto yours, raising an eyebrow as he reached into his pocket & pulled out a folded up piece of paper.

He read it & looked back at you, handing you the paper, "Look again, Mrs. Maximoff," you snatched the paper from him & read it over. Sure enough, it was a marriage certificate, with both yours & Peter's signature at the bottom.

"Fuck," you swore. Peter raised his eyebrows at you, "We had way too much sugar & junk & got married last night. How does that even happen?! I've never even seen a chapel around here!"

"There's one a couple blocks down the road from that gas station," he said instantly.

Your eyes widened, "We got married after you stole all those Twinkies & Mountain Dew at that gas station? Jesus Christ," Peter shifted uncomfortably on his feet, looking down. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw something on his floor. He bent down & picked it up, looking it over. It was a picture of the two of you, the rings on your fingers twinkling as you both held a champagne glass in your hands. The glasses were full of a bright, green, carbonated drink, presumably Mountain Dew. You both were doing that thing at weddings where you wrapped each others' arms around the other's arm & crossed them. Peter smiled, blushing softly. Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

"Hey, look at this," he handed you the picture & you looked at it.

It was adorable, you couldn't deny that, but you couldn't let Peter know that you actually liked the idea of being married to him, especially since you were going to have to annul the marriage, so you groaned, "What are we going to do?"

He bit his lip gently, "Well, we don't have to do anything, per se."

You snorted, "Oh, come on, Peter, this is crazy! We can't be married."

"Why not?" he quickly snatched the picture & marriage certificate from you.

"Hey! Give those back!"

He suddenly sped to the other side of the room, the picture & certificate in his hand, "Come over here & make me."

You sighed, "Peter, stop messing around, this is serious! We have to file for divorce or get it annulled--"

"What if I don't want that?" he said, nervously locking his eyes with yours, "What if I want to stay married?"

You laughed, "Now you're just talking nonsense. You don't want to stay married, especially to me."

Suddenly he sped back over to you, his face dangerously close to yours, his eyes narrowing challengingly, "Wanna bet?" your heart raced at his close proximity & admission. He wanted to stay married to you & you couldn't believe it.

"You can't be serious, Peter. We were hopped up on way too much sugar & caffeine last night to think straight."

He shook his head, "It wasn't just caffeine & sugar," he gently took your hand in his, "I love you, & you love me, right?"

"Of course I love you."

"Then that's all that matters," he smiled, "I want this, I want you," you blushed softly, your heart fluttering.

"Are you sure? You'll be stuck with me forever."

"As sure as can be," he grinned, "There's nothing & nobody I want more," you smiled, "but it's up to you. If you don't want this, I'll speed over to the chapel right now & get the annullment papers," he said, looking up at you hopefully. You looked back down at your intertwined hands, both of your rings sparkling in the gleam of the sunlight. The fact that you were married to him now made your stomach do backflips. You liked the idea of him being yours & only yours. You loved him dearly & he was right: that's all that mattered.

You bit your lip gently & looked back up at him, "Okay," you said, "I want to stay married," a large grin spread across his face & you laughed softly. He closed the remaining small gap between you two & kissed you lovingly. You eagerly returned his kiss, wrapping your arms around the neck of your now husband.

He gently pulled away, kissing your nose before pressing his forehead against yours, "Well, Mrs. Maximoff, I think it's time you meet my Ma," he joked, making you laugh. His mom loved you & he was sure she'd be more than to happy to know you tied the knot with her son.

Suddenly, you were in his arms & in the living room. His mom was busy in the kitchen as he set you down. He grinned at you, "Hey, Ma! Come meet your new daughter-in-law!" you both heard a plate crash to the ground & shatter, making you both wince.

"My new what?!"