Hot & Cold (Quicksilver [X-Men] x Reader)

REQUESTED: The reader has some type of mutant power & is a bit of a rival with Quicksilver. So, they have a competition to see who's the better X-Men & it ends up with them falling for each other?

------------------------------------------------------

You glared at the silver-haired mutant across from you. He was smirking at you as he pulled his goggles down onto his eyes. You narrowed your eyes at him as you removed your gloves, putting them in your pocket & allowing the small bubbles of electricity to reform along your palms. Raven & the others were standing back, waiting for the battle to commence.

You were in the Danger Room with Peter, although not entirely for educational purposes. You & Peter were rivals, so to speak. Ever since you were recruited to be a part of the X-Men, Peter had been nothing but a nuisance to you. He was never rude to you, just incredibly snarky & annoying. He loved to be sassy with you because, in your mind, he loved getting a rise out of you, but in reality, Peter loved it because he enjoyed the fact that you didn't take any of his bullshit & always dished it right back. Plus, you had the best comebacks.

The reality of the situation was that Peter liked you, a lot, & had the biggest crush on you; he just didn't know how to act upon it. Thus, he resorted to his normal, sarcastic mannerisms, hoping you would get the message, but you never did.

In all honesty, the only reason Peter smiled nowadays was because of you. He was far away from home & missed his mother & sister dearly, so now, he only really had you to keep him going. You reminded him a lot of his mom: strong, independent, & hard-headed, but also of his sister: funny, bubbly, & kind. You were the best of both worlds for him & that's what kept him sane; however, you were also the reason he had difficulty sleeping & keeping a smile on his face. Whenever you ignored him or yelled at him, it really crushed him because it made him think that you didn't even like him, let alone reciprocate his feelings. Boy, was he as naïve as you.

Truthfully, you liked Peter the same way he liked you, but you'd rather be stripped of your powers before you'd tell him that.

So, this was how you became a part of the current situation. You & Peter had had another one of your usual spats, this one being about who was the better X-Men. Clearly, you were the better X-Men, so you agreed to his proposition that you would both duke it out in the Danger Room to determine who was best. Raven had rolled her eyes when you told her, but she was eager to provide a learning opportunity for her students, so, she agreed to let you both use the Danger Room & to monitor the battle while her students would watch as well.

"Alright, you two, are you ready?" you nodded a yes towards Raven & Peter grinned, "Go!" suddenly, the door opened, & two Sentinels appeared. You raised your palms upwards as you let the electricity spark & gain energy. Peter crouched down slightly as he prepared for a quick run & leap.

As the giant robot approached you, you shot bolts of hot electricity from your palms & straight into the center of the robot where the controls were, bringing him to an ultimate stop. Black smoke began to rise from it & sparks flew. Finally, it burst into flames & a small explosion occurred before it turned into ash.

You smirked & turned to gloat at Peter, only to find him chewing gum & standing beside his dead Sentinel. He grinned at you, "Not bad, Cupcake, but I'm still better."

You glared at him, "We'll see about that," four more Sentinels appeared & the two of you immediately sprung into action.

Around the fifth or sixth time, you started to lose interest in the battle & the bet altogether. Well, not entirely. You couldn't stop thinking about what Peter proposed before the battle. Since it was a fight, there would be a winner & a loser, & like the video gamer he was, Peter refused to be a winner without a prize. You agreed, & decided that if you won, you would want Peter to be your personal butler for a day. Peter, however; had a much more secretive request. He requested that if he won, he would get to ask you one question & you had to answer it truthfully, & if the answer to the question was yes, he would get to do something else. The mysteriousness of his request was killing you, enough to actually make you consider losing just to figure it out, but you did not want to hear his gloating about winning the battle. So, you kept fighting.