Prompt #3 (Kyle Spencer [AHS] x Reader)

"Please, don't leave."

------------------------------------------------------

You hummed to yourself as you walked down the hall of your apartment & into the guest bedroom. It was being occupied by your boyfriend, Kyle, who had recently been brought back from the dead by your witch friends, Madison & Zoe. They brought him back when they saw you so distraught by the sight of the bus & Kyle's dead body, feeling incredibly awful about the whole thing. They knew how much he meant to you & that he was the only nice guy from Kappa Lambda Gamma, so they decided to bring him back for you.

Unfortunately, he didn't come back entirely in one piece, so to speak. He couldn't speak, he couldn't remember you, & he wasn't the sweet & gentle boy you met back at the beginning of college, but you didn't give up on him. You loved him, & you did everything you could to fix him. You helped him eat, stay clean, get dressed, & you comforted him at night when he woke up from awful nightmares. You did everything for him, but it was taking a toll on you. You were losing hope that he'd ever remember you, ever love you again, & you began to question whether or not this was a good idea.

"Kyleeee!" you sang as you walked into his room. He looked up from his spot on the bed. He had his headphones on, listening & watching some speech videos Zoe sent you. He removed the headphones & scrambled off the bed, stumbling towards you excitedly.

He pulled you into a bone-crushing hug, making you laugh as you returned it, "Aww, I missed you too," you rubbed his back soothingly, chuckling at the soft purrs he emitted in response, "I brought you some food, you hungry?" he nodded vigorously, pulling away softly. You smiled, "Alright, let's go sit on the bed & I'll feed you," he made his way back to the bed & you followed, setting the large grocery bag on the floor near the bed.

You pulled out a warm container of soup that you bought at the local grocery store & a spoon. He watched you excitedly as you opened the container & gently set it in your lap. You dipped the spoon into the soup, scooping some up, & carefully fed it to him. He looked at you cutely as his mouth closed around the spoon, making you smile & your heart race. He swallowed the soup & released the spoon, "Is it good?" you asked & he nodded, opening his mouth eagerly for another spoonful. You laughed & scooped up some more, feeding it to him. You continued to feed him & he ate happily, looking at you adoringly as you fed him.

After several more spoonfuls, he reached his arm out to you, making a grabbing gesture with his hand, "What is it Kyle?" he looked at you & pointed at the spoon, making you laugh, "I know you want more," he shook his head & pointed at the spoon again.

He furrowed his eyebrows together & mumbled, "S-Spoon," he said simply.

You grinned excitedly, hearing his voice for the first time in so long making your heart stop, "Yes, Kyle, that is a spoon."

He shook his head, "No, g-give me th-the s-spoon," you stared in confusion but gave him the spoon. He reached over & gently took the container of soup from you. You watched in awe & surprise as he dipped the spoon into the container, grabbed some soup, & slowly brought the spoon into his mouth. You couldn't stop the smile that spread onto your face as you watched him feed himself. He finished the rest of the soup all by himself, although not mess free. His chin was dribbling with soup but your smile only widened with pride.

You gently took the container from him & grabbed a napkin, wiping the soup off his chin, "Kyle, you fed yourself! I'm so so proud of you!" you ruffled his hair affectionately & he wheezed a happy sound, making you laugh. He nuzzled into your touch & you gently cupped his face, rubbing the small scar under his eye. You gazed into his chocolate eyes & it was as if you fell in love with him all over again. His face contorted softly, as if he was in pain, & you quickly pulled your hand away from him, "Kyle? What's wrong?"

He crinkled his nose slightly, opening his mouth to speak, "I-I..." you waited patiently, watching his face closely & inspecting him for any obvious signs of injury, "love..." your eyes immediately shot up to his at the sound of that word, biting your lip as he finished, "you."

You were shocked, but only for a moment, before your lips curled up into a smile, "I love you, too, Kyle," you said. He mimicked your reaction, his dimples showing as he smiled at you. Your heart fluttered & without thinking, you leaned over & kissed him. It was quick & sweet, but it made Kyle yearn for more. You blushed when you pulled away, "Shoot, sorry Kyle," you apologized, "It's probably still too soon for that, huh?" he just blinked at you & you took that as confirmation. You smiled sadly, "Right," you carefully got up & began to grab the food, but Kyle's hand stopped you. He locked onto your wrist & you turned to look at him.

"Please, don't leave," he said.

You smiled again, setting the stuff back down & crawling back into his bed. You laid down on your back & Kyle followed, lying on his side so he could look at you. You turned your head & smiled at him, causing him to return the gesture. Your heart was still beating so fast from the kiss & him finally telling you the three words you had waited so long to hear that you couldn't think straight. It also didn't help that he kept staring at you with those goddamn doe eyes.

He gently pressed two fingers to his lips, as if to mimic a kiss & asked sheepishly, "More?"

You grinned, "You want me to kiss you again?" He blushed slightly & nodded. Your grin widened & you laughed, "Of course I'll kiss you, come here," he excitedly scoot closer to you, looking to you for confirmation before he gently swung his legs around your waist, straddling you. After a few "oomf"s & "ahh"s escaped your lips, he eventually found the right position that didn't hurt you & you wrapped your arms around his neck. You pulled his head down towards you & kissed him softly. He eventually got the hang of it & kissed you back. When you pulled away, he pressed his forehead against yours as you breathed out, "I love you, Kyle."

He grinned & responded, "I l-love you, too."