Studying (Kyle Spencer [AHS] x Reader)

You groaned in frustration, tossing your textbook out of your lap & onto your mattress, "This is hopeless!" you groaned, burying your face in your hands.

Your best friend & study buddy Kyle couldn't help but laugh at your dramatic behavior, "Oh, come on, it can't be that bad," he assured you. He gently grabbed your textbook & flipped through the pages. You sighed & sat up, watching him as he looked over the materials & made a face, "This is atrocious."

You groaned, "I'm fucked."

He laughed again, "I'm only kidding! It's really not that bad," he scoot closer to you & put the book back in your lap. His thighs brushed against your knees as he leaned into you, his hand softly skimming the page as he searched for something. You blushed softly. You & Kyle were incredibly close, having been friends since high school & now college, but he always made you nervous. It got worse after you developed feelings for him, but it was always like this from the beginning. Fortunately, he was too oblivious & never noticed your reactions to his close proximity.

His finger paused at a source of information & he spoke, "There, see?" you looked at where his finger was pointing at as he read the text aloud, "The mathematics of oscillation deals with the quantification of the amount of the sequence or function that tends to move between extremes..."

You were immediately distracted by the sound of his voice. He had such a rich voice that you loved so much & when your mind was all over the place, it easily got distracted just from him talking. His voice was just so attractive to you. You could listen to him talk non-stop for hours, days even, especially at a time like this. You despised Physics but damn did he make it sound sexy.

"Hey! Are you even listening?"

You groaned when your mind crashed back into reality, "I'm going to flunk this exam, Kyle, there's no use. Why can't I get this?! I comprehend every other subject except Math. Why is it so difficult for me to understand this?" you said, frustrated & exasperated. You worked so hard to try & understand Math but you never could. Everything else came easier, so much easier, except for Math.

You felt Kyle softly put his hands on your shoulders. You flushed softly at the contact but you were still upset, "Hey, look at me," he said. You sighed & looked up at him, regretting it immediately once you saw the concern & care plastered on his face, "Not everyone is good at everything, & that's okay. You know I totally suck at English but you're so well in it! I know it's frustrating but I promise you'll get this. You have me to help you, you're not alone. You can do this, okay?"

You blushed darker & quickly avoided his gaze, staring down at your lap & nodding, "Okay."

He watched you for a moment before he let go of your shoulders. He looked at the book again, leaning into you, "Define oscillation."

You pinched the bridge of your nose, "It's the regular variation in magnitude or position on a central point."

He smiled, "See? You're not totally clueless."

You rolled your eyes, "Kyle, knowing definitions won't do me any good if I have no idea how to utilize the goddamn equation or what the hell it's supposed to calculate. It's a Math exam, not a vocabulary quiz."

He rolled his eyes at you, "You need to lose an electron & be more positive."

You laughed & playfully shoved him, "You dork," he smiled cheekily at you & your heart did backflips against your ribs. His smile always had that effect on you, even after knowing him for so many years.

He was still close to you, his legs hanging off the bed while his thighs pressed against your criss-crossed legs. His hair was tousled & messy & his bags had bags, evident that he wasn't sleeping enough like yourself. Yet, he was still beautiful.