Friendly Costars (Evan Peters x Reader)

REQUESTED: Can you write one about Evan where he falls for his costar on AHS & is debating on whether or not to ask you out?

------------------------------------------------------

"And cut! That's a rap, everyone!" Ryan Murphy declared excitedly. Season six was now, officially, done filming. The whole cast decided to throw a little party to celebrate the end of filming. You had joined the cast this season as Evan's character's sister & the two of you had become incredibly good & close friends. You guys hung out a lot in your free time & really had a great time together. Yet, for some reason, he had been acting strangely around you lately. He never seemed to be paying attention, his mind always wandering off somewhere else instead of where his body was. He hadn't spent time with you offset as much either, the last time you guys did so was several weeks ago. He didn't smile as much & when be did, it was forced. He was so different now & it really worried you. Did something tragic happen, perhaps the loss of a loved one? Maybe he's having financial issues? Everything you assumed upto this point didn't really make sense & you ruled most of them out, yet you still worried excessively about him. You just wanted him to be okay.

You cheered with the whole cast in excitement, now realizing that your costar & friend, Evan, didn't seem as excited.

"Hey, what's wrong, Evan? Aren't you excited? Filming is over! We did it!"

He flashed you a hesitant smile, "Yeah, I mean, I'm excited, it's exciting..." he trailed off. You frowned a bit. Evan was clearly keeping something from you, but you didn't know what.

Evan bit his lip & looked behind you, trying to keep his thoughts in check. The secret he was keeping from you was the fact that he had hopelessly fallen for you while filming. You two had a great chemistry, which was clearly evident in all the scenes you did together. Evan liked you a lot & he had spent the better half of filming debating himself on whether or not he should tell you his feelings & ask you out on a date. Obviously, he ended up doing the opposite, keeping his mouth shut, & now, he was thoroughly regretting it. Filming was over & he missed his chance to ever have something more than just a friendly costar relationship with you.

Evan reluctantly returned his eyes back to you, seeing the concern & worry behind your eyes. Maybe he should just tell you & get it over with. On the brightside, if it didn't work out & he was totally rejected, he wouldn't see you again & have to the face that awkward situation. Even if you returned for the following season of American Horror Story, that still gave him a whole year to face the awkward ordeal before he had to come face-to-face with you again, & that was plenty of time.

He sighed as he looked at you. He knew this was his last chance. He spent too damn long debating this choice for the past month, but now, he had to do it. It was now or never.

He swallowed, his Adam's apple bouncing nervously, "Can I, uh talk to you?"

You nodded furiously, eager to know what had been troubling him these past few weeks, "Yes of course."

"Um...can we go somewhere more private?"

You nodded, "Your trailer or mine?"

"Mine, please," you followed him to his trailer & got inside. You were so worried about him, but you hoped he was going to tell you what was going on & that it wasn't anything too serious.

He bit his lip & sighed, taking a moment to collect himself before he started to speak, "I'm sorry I've been so...weird around you & have been pretty much avoiding you. I wasn't doing it because I'm mad at you or anything like that, I was doing it because I..." he ran a hand through his hair, "Look, I like you, a lot, & I spent the last half of filming debating with myself on whether or not I should make a move & ask you out & I figured at this point, what the Hell?" he looked at you, biting his lip & blushing slightly, "So, will you go out on a date with me?"

You stared at him for a moment, processing everything. You definitely weren't expecting this to be the reason why Evan was behaving so strangely, but you sure did like this reason much better than the slippery slope scenarios your brain had conjured up over the course of filming.

You cracked a grin, "Took you long enough," you teased, wrapping your arms around his neck & pulling him into a hug. Evan sighed relief & returned your embrace, gently burying his face in your shoulder. You smiled to yourself & hugged him for several moments before you reluctantly pulled back.

"Wait, so was that a yes or...?"

You flashed him a big smile & he blushed, making you laugh, "Yes, I'd love to go on a date with you, Evan," his smiled widened, his cheeks still pink. You couldn't help but smile. He was the absolute cutest thing on this planet & the fact that he liked you enough to want to date you, made you the happiest person in the world, "I do have on request, thought," you said.

He nodded, "Anything."

You leaned closer, your lips close to his, "Next time," you whispered, "don't make me wait so long," he swallowed & blinked, his cheeks flushing nervously. You smiled & pressed a quick kiss to his cheek before you pulled away, turning around & walking out of his trailer, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

His mind was a mess as he pressed his hand on the cheek you kissed, grinning as he felt the warmth of your lips & the faint residue of your Chap Stick. He actually did it. He was going to take you out on a date with him.

When he returned to the little party the whole cast was throwing, he never left your side, gently grabbing your hand occasionally & lacing his fingers through yours. You always flashed him a grin as he did so & brought your intertwined hands upto your lips, kissing the back of his hand. The two of you spent the entirety of the party together, never leaving the other's side & it all made Evan that much more excited & happy.

He couldn't wait to go on that date with you.