Accidental Reunion (Evan Peters x OFC)

With her dark aviators covering her eyes & her short, bright green hair, her head alone was enough for her to stick out in a crowd. Add that to the fact that she was wearing black jeans ripped at the knees, a baseball tee with Good Charlotte graphics, an old, worn-out pair of Converse, black lipstick, & a tight choker around her neck & she would win the award for Most Spottable in a Crowd. She was aware of the attention her style got her & since she hated being the center of attention, it always made her uncomfortable, but this was who she was & she felt most comfortable when she dressed this way.

Today, she was walking down the streets of Los Angeles, her new home, in order to see what the city was like. She had just moved to LA all the way from Missouri to persue her music career. She was the lead singer in a heavy metal band, a genre not too popular in her home state, so her & the rest of her bandmates packed their stuff & decided to give it a shot in LA. They had their first audition for a record label next week so they were constantly practicing since they arrived, but she had finally found the time to go sight-seeing for the day.

She had no idea, or rather, she had no conscious memory, that her best friend had moved here years ago to persue his acting career. He moved to LA with his mother just before they were supposed to start high school together, nearly 15 years ago, & she hasn't heard from him for years. It broke her heart when their contact finally slipped into nothing. It began as it should have, with constant communication, but as the months went by & he became more successful, the calls came less & less until they stopped coming at all. That was the first time her heart broke, the second time being when her rocky relationship with her now ex-boyfriend came to a sudden & painful end. She perferred not to think about these two events that shattered her heart to its final degree, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't forget. The pills didn't help any more & neither did the sudden uprooting, but her music is what kept the blood pumping in her veins & stopped her head from spinning, so she utilized that as her tool to help her numb the pain & maybe some day, forget.

Currently, in this moment, the heartbreak she experienced throughout the entirety of her life was the last thing on her mind. Ever since she got here, she couldn't stop smiling & feeling so alive. Her mind was a whirlwind of poetry & song lyrics that she herself came up with. She was finaly sleeping for the first time in over a decade. Her heart was beating normally again, the healing process kickstarted once more. Needless to say, with all this inspiration & livelihood boiling inside her as she paraded down the boulevard, he was the last thing on her mind.

He almost didn't recognize her, what with her bright green hair & its short length. She always grew it long, saying the length suited her better. He always thought she was beautiful no matter what length her hair was, but she always had it long. In addition to the drastic hair change, her style was immensely different. Evan & Charlie had went to a Catholic school together, so they always had to wear uniforms. Evan left right before they could attend their first ever school that didn't acquire a uniformed dress code. If he had stayed, her current style wouldn't have been such a shock to him because he would have seen her dressed similarly every day.

The only reason he recognized her & didn't almost miss her was because he heard that laugh, her laugh. He could never, in a million years, forget the sound of her laugh. It had always been music to his ears since they were little kids. One time, after he moved, she had left him a voice mail where she cracked a dumb joke & laughed at the end & my God, did his heart stop. He still had that message on his phone to this day, & he'd listen to it when his thoughts about her became an angry bee hive in his mind & he couldn't tame them.

Her laugh was an accident, only happening because she had bumped into him, laughing at her clumsiness. She was still as clumsy as he remembered. The whole altercation was so quick. She was admiring all the signs & images plastered all over the streets that she didn't pay attention. He was too busy thinking about the engagement ring in his pocket & how heavy it felt to notice her. They collided, shoulder to shoulder, & she immediately began to apologize, "I'm so sorry sir I was too distracted," she said shyly. He, being extremely awkward himself & being used to situations like these occurring on a daily basis, didn't give it much thought. But then, that laugh, nervously & carelessly tumbled out of her lips & it was like the world stopped spinning. His heart began beating rapidly & he began to wonder if this was all just a dream & he had fallen asleep listening to the voice mail again.