Finally

Over the next few weeks they didn't see much of each other. Work kept Brian very busy and left little time for a social life. They spoke every day in some capacity, but whenever he broached the subject of her past she continued to avoid his questions.

When he finally got a few days off from filming he asked her to go to dinner with him in the city. He had said he would pick her up at 7:00 but he got there 10 minutes late. He apologized profusely. "It's ok," she assured him.

"Yeah but I hate being late. And you look beautiful." She was wearing a spaghetti strapped red dress and black strappy sandals. Her hair was up in a loose bun at the base of her neck.

"Thank you," she said, her face flushing.

When they got to the restaurant they were immediately shown to their table. It was an upscale restaurant, one that she had never been to. He ordered them a bottle of wine and they talked for a while before they ordered.

For the most part their conversations were effortless. They could talk about anything. Except her past. He still knew nothing about her childhood, her family, if she had siblings, where she grew up. All he knew was that she was from Vegas. She clearly didn't want to talk about it so he had stopped even trying to raise the subject. It really wasn't that big of a deal, but the fact that she wouldn't talk about it made him think she was hiding something. And he didn't like that. But he liked HER. He was attracted to her physically and he liked being with her and talking with her. For now he was fine to let it be.

They had no plans beyond dinner and as the check was being taken care of he asked her what she wanted to do. "You can come back to my place if you like. We can watch a movie or something. Or we can go to your house and watch Batman," she said with a smile. He liked the sound of 'something' but they'd had so much fun watching the show before he opted for his own house.

On the drive back to Staten Island he couldn't help but wonder if tonight would be the night. They had only gone out a handful of times and usually by this point he had (successfully) made his move. He was still hesitant to push her too fast. She seemed interested in him but she hadn't made any big moves so he wasn't completely sure where her head was.

When they got to his house the first thing he did was pet and feed his cats. "Do you want something to drink?" he asked when he was done.

"Sure. Whatever your having is fine." He came out to the living room with 2 beers. He handed her one and sat the other on the coffee table. He put the DVD in and joined her on the couch.

After a few episodes and a few beers he leaned over and kissed her. It took her by surprise but she quickly accepted his tongue in her mouth. She felt a wave of heat run through her body as the kiss grew more intense and they both turned their bodies so they were facing each other. They sat there, just kissing, for several minutes.

He wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol or because of the way she kissed him, but Brian decided to go for it. He pulled his lips away from hers and kissed her neck. The feeling of his hot breath and his beard on her skin sent a shudder through her body.

Her right hand was on the back of his neck, her fingers getting tangled in his soft hair. He continued to kiss her, working his way down. He kissed her shoulder while slowly pulling at the thin strap of her dress. She let out a sigh.

He looked into her eyes, unsure if that had been a good sigh or a bad one. "What? Do you want me to stop?" he asked.

"No. Not at all. I've been wondering if you were ever going to make a move," she said with a smile. He smiled back at her.

"Do you want to go to my bedroom?" She nodded as she leaned in to kiss him. He took her by the hand and led her upstairs.

His room was completely dark due to the light blocking blinds covering the windows. He guided her over to the bed and switched on the bedside table lamp. He turned to face her. The light created a warm glow over her face.