Chapter 25

Over the next few months they were both busy with work but they still made time for each other. They had spent New Year's Eve together, alone at his house. They'd been invited to parties but decided they only wanted to be with each other.

One of the reasons for that was pictures of them together had surfaced online. They had been photographed in public together without their knowledge most likely by fans of the show. It was somewhat unsettling, the thought that they were being watched when they were in public. But they both understood that was par for the course when you were on tv.

It was now March and Brian's birthday was coming up. He'd told her there would be a dinner celebration with the rest of the guys, some of the crew and their significant others. His birthday was on a Saturday and they would be going out that night. She had asked him to spend the night at her place afterwards so she could give him his gift and they could celebrate privately.

He picked her up at 7:00 and they headed into Manhattan. Dinner was at Ocean Prime, a steak and seafood restaurant. They arrived shortly after 7:30 and were shown to their large table where most of the others were already seated. Giovanna knew most of them having been on set a few times and from having hung out with Joe, Sal and Murray privately before.

They were at dinner for over two hours. Sal, Rachel, Brian and Giovanna were the last ones to leave the table. Sal invited them all back to his house to continue the party since it was still relatively early. Giovanna said she was ok with it if Brian wanted to go, so he agreed. They had been drinking, but Brian had a high tolerance and was able to safely drive them.

Once they got to Sal's he got them all drinks and they sat in his living room talking. Giovanna and Rachel had gotten to be fairly good friends over the past 6 months having hung out together with Brian and Sal, so it was a very relaxed atmosphere.

After a while they talked about playing cards but Giovanna suggested a game of truth or dare. Everyone was feeling the buzz of the alcohol so they agreed. Since she had suggested it everyone agreed Giovanna would go first.

"Ok, Brian, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Have you ever kissed a guy on the lips?"

"Wow! Right out of the gate!" Sal said with a laugh.

"No, never," Brian said.

"I believe you," Giovanna said. "Your turn."

"Sally Retro, what's it gonna be?"

"I'll go with truth."

"I probably should have asked someone else since I know you so well. Ok, ummm... Have you ever thought about having sex with a fan?"

"Are you kidding me?" Sal asked. "You're going to ask me that in front of my girlfriend?"

"You don't have to answer," Brian said.

"The answer is no. And not just because Rachel is here. My turn. And even though I want to have a go at you," he said, looking at Brian, "I'll go with Rachel."

"I'll do a dare," she said with a wink at Sal. He hadn't been expecting her to say that.

"Uh, ok. I dare you to give me your phone and let me send a text to someone in your contacts. And you aren't allowed to see it until tomorrow."

"Ok." She took her phone out of her purse and handed it to him. He handed it back to her a minute later and she put it back in her purse.