Chapter 36

"Hello?"

"Chloe? It's Giovanna."

"Hi! How are you?"

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Oh, I'm ok. I've just been applying for jobs online. I hope someone calls tomorrow."

"That's what I'm calling about," Giovanna said. "I was talking to Brian last night and he told me they have an opening in their office for a P.A. It's in the office as opposed to on set. Does that sound like something you'd be interested in?"

"Are you serious?!"

"Yes. He said if you're interested, send me your resume and he will pass it along."

"Wow! Yes, I'm definitely interested! Do you have any details?"

"Not specifically, no. Brian did say it could be a lot of long hours."

"That's not a problem."

"Great. I'll text you my email address if you want to email it to me. I'm at Brian's now so if you can send it now I'll print it and he can take it to the office tomorrow."

"Yes, absolutely," Chloe said, the joy evident in her voice. "I'll send it as soon as I get your text. Please tell him I said thank you."

"I will. Talk to you soon."

"Ok, bye. And thank YOU."

"You're welcome."

"So she wants to go for it then?" Brian asked Giovanna. They were sitting on his couch with the cats, having just eaten.

"Yep. So you can take it in tomorrow?"

"Yeah, we have a meeting in the office tomorrow morning so I can drop it off. I can attach a note if you want."

"What do you mean? Like a letter of recommendation?"

"Sure," he replied.

"Oh, I don't know. What if it doesn't work out? Then you look like an asshole."

"Why wouldn't it work out?"

"I don't know. I haven't been around her enough to know the type of person she is, if she's reliable. I'm guessing that's a big qualification for this job, being reliable."

"Yeah, it's pretty important," he said, putting Brooklyn cat, who was getting a little too rambunctious, on the floor.

"If you want to give her your stamp of approval then go ahead. But if it doesn't work out, which I hope it does if she's hired, you can't blame me."

"I wouldn't blame you," he said, leaning over to kiss her. "So what are we doing today?"

"I need to go home and do laundry. I've neglected it."

"The laundry can wait. Stay here and play video games with me instead."

"I REALLY need to do laundry. I'm almost out of clean underwear."

"Oh yeah? Well you never need to wear them on my account," he said, rubbing her thigh with a mischievous grin.

"That's all good and well, but I'm not comfortable going commando at work."

"No one would know."

"I would know. I'll do it for you but in my everyday life I prefer to have panties on."

"Ok well can't you do the laundry tomorrow?" He gave her the sad, puppy dog eyes and she turned her head.

"Nope. You aren't going to use those eyes on me."

"Pleeeeease?" He leaned close to her face. She turned to look at him and laughed.

"FINE. Laundry will wait until tomorrow."

He threw his arms around her and kissed her face and head.

"I love you baby."

"I love you, too, you big goof."

********************************************

"I got the job!" Chloe exclaimed into the phone.

"Congratulations!" Giovanna said as she walked into her apartment. "When do you start?"

"Monday. We should go out and celebrate. Are you free tomorrow night?"

"Actually, Brian and I have a dinner date but why don't you come with us? You can officially meet one of your new bosses."

"Oh I don't want to intrude. We can do it another time."

"No, tomorrow night. I'll text you later with the time and place."

"Are you sure he won't mind?" Chloe asked.

"I'm sure. I'll text you later."

"Ok! Talk to you soon!"

It had been almost two and a half weeks since Brian had dropped off Chloe's resume. He hadn't been kept in the loop so he had no idea if she was going to be hired.

Giovanna had met up with Chloe twice since they last went to dinner. They were still getting to know each other but Giovanna was feeling good about how things were going.

She sent Brian a quick text asking him to call her when he had a chance. She changed her clothes and ate dinner before sitting down on the couch to read.

She woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She reached for it and saw that it was Brian.

"Hello?"

"Hey. I'm sorry I'm calling so late. Were you asleep?"

"It's ok. I fell asleep on the couch. How was work?" she asked.

"Exhausting. That's why I'm calling so late. We didn't wrap up until after 9:00 and there was an accident on the Verrazano so that doubled the time it took me to get home."

She could hear the exhaustion in his voice.

"You could have just called me in the morning."

"Nah, I wanted to hear your voice before I went to bed. So what's up?"

"Chloe got hired," she said.

"Oh yeah? That's great. I'll finally get to meet her."

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. She wants to go to dinner tomorrow to celebrate. I told her we had plans but I invited her to join us. I hope that's ok."

"Of course it is. I think it's a great idea. Do we still want to eat here or go into Manhattan?"

"Can I talk to her about it tomorrow, see what she wants to do?" she asked.

"Sure. Doesn't matter to me. We're not filming tomorrow so I'm free any time."

"Ok. I'll call you tomorrow with the details. Now go to bed. Love you."

"Love you, too sweetheart."