Chapter 71

The next day after they got up they ate and then met with the wedding officiant. Since neither of them were religious they chose this option in lieu of a minister. The officiant told them he could perform the ceremony wherever they wanted. They told him where they were staying and decided on 7:30 the next evening for the ceremony.

Once they were finished they opted to go parasailing. Neither of them had ever done it. Giovanna had never done anything like it so she was nervous but Brian calmed her down. After dinner that evening they went to one of the local bars and and had a few drinks.

When they woke up Thursday Brian suggested they rent some jet skis and spend a few hours on the water. She agreed and they ventured out around noon to eat and then do that. They hadn't paid much attention to time while they'd been on the island but they needed to watch it that day. Around 5:00 they headed back to grab a quick bite to eat before going back to the cottage to start getting ready for the ceremony.

Brian showered first then left the bathroom to Giovanna so she could get ready. She showered then put her make up on before drying her hair. She still hadn't decided how she wanted to wear her hair. She hadn't brought her curling iron with her because she didn't think she'd need it. She opted to go with a bun at the base of her neck with wisps coming down on the sides.

Around 7:20 she heard the officiant arrive. She had told Brian that she didn't want him to see her in her dress until she was on the beach. She wasn't superstitious but she wanted to keep that tradition. Once she had her dress on she called for him to come and zip it up for her, with his eyes closed. He obliged, then he and the officiant headed down to the beach. She and Brian had both agreed shoes on the beach were pointless so they were both barefoot.

She took one last look in the mirror once she was alone. She couldn't believe this was happening. She couldn't remember ever being this happy and she hoped the feeling would never end. Her eyes started to water but she quickly dabbed at them with a tissue so she wouldn't mess up her makeup. She took a deep breath before heading outside.

Brian beamed when he saw her. She looked more beautiful than she ever had. The dress she had chosen fit her body perfectly, and she appeared to be glowing. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, and hers were locked on his.

When she reached him he took her hands in his and kissed her cheek.

"You look amazing," he said, his throat suddenly very dry.

"Thank you."

The officiant began the ceremony but neither of them really heard what he was saying. They tried to focus on him but they couldn't stop looking at one another. When the time came for the rings, he handed them each the other's ring.

"Do either of you wish to say anything to the other?" he asked.

"Yes," Giovanna said. He motioned for her to go ahead.

"Over the last three years you have been my best friend, my playmate, my lover and my confidant. I'm proud to add husband to that list. You have shown me more love than I ever thought was possible, and I will be eternally grateful to you for that. I promise you from this day forward to always be honest, faithful, loving and understanding. I will support you in whatever it is you want to do, no matter how crazy. I will stand by your side through the good times and the bad, and I ask nothing more from you than your love. I love you Brian Michael Quinn."

After she said "I do" she placed the ring on his finger and they rejoined hands.

"You have been the biggest and best surprise of my life. I had given up on ever finding this kind of love. I wasn't looking for it, wasn't hoping for it, it just happened. I'm so proud of everything you have overcome in your life. It takes a lot of courage to turn things around the way you have. Your determination is inspiring, and not a day goes by that I don't admire you for that. I can't imagine my life without you in it now, and I will do everything in my power to make sure I never have to find out. I love you Giovanna Marie Capaldi."

After saying "I do" she gasped as he placed the ring on her finger.

She looked up to see him smiling.

"I saw you looking at it and thought it suited you. If you would rather have the other one we can..."

"No. It's beautiful." She stared at it for a moment, taking in the white gold band that was adorned with alternating princess cut and baguette diamonds. She looked back up at him, her eyes now wet. "Thank you."

"It is my pleasure to announce you are now man and wife," the officiant said. "You may kiss your bride."

Brian stepped forward, placed his hands on her hips and kissed her softly. She wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close. In that moment they both felt like they were the only two people on the planet.

When they finally pulled apart they beamed at each other before looking back to the officiant. They thanked him for performing the ceremony and before he left he offered to take some photos of them. Brian had his phone in his pocket, as he was planning on taking a few selfies of the two of them, and handed it over. When they were satisfied with the photos the three of them walked back to the cottage.

Once the officiant was gone Brian went over to the little refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of champagne.

"Where did you get that?" she asked as he popped the cork.

"I ran out while you were getting ready."

"You are just full of surprises."

He poured them each a glass then handed one to her.

"To us," he said, raising his glass.

"To us," she repeated, clinking her glass to his.

"Do you want to sit outside?"

"Sure, but where's the cake?" she asked.

"That is the one thing I did not get. I'm sorry. I'll buy you as much of it as you like tomorrow when we go to eat."

They sat outside with the bottle of champagne, watching the sun set. She rested her head on his shoulder and put her arm through his. Neither of them spoke for a long while. They didn't need to. It was a comfortable silence. They stayed out there until well after the sun was gone, finishing the bottle of champagne as they did.

As they got up to go inside Brian picked her up and carried her to the bed. He put her down next to it, took her face in his hands and kissed her. They stood there for several minutes, just kissing, before he slowly unzipped her dress. It fell to the floor and he picked it up and laid it over the arm of the chair in the room. He quickly removed his own clothes then walked back over to her.

He lowered her gently to the bed and straddled her. He kissed her again, and her mouth opened to take in his tongue. Her hands gripped his back, pulling him down onto her. One of his hands trailed down her side, causing her to shudder. He grabbed the side of her panties and pulled. She reached down and pulled the other side, then kicked them off.

He was already hard and was ready to get inside her, but he knew she needed more warming up. He moved his mouth down to her breasts, caressing and sucking them, while one hand reached down and rubbed her clit. Her hands were tangled in his hair as he worked to get her wet.

"That's good," she whispered. "I need you inside me."

He immediately guided himself into her, filling her up slowly. She wrapped her legs around him and he kissed her as he pumped in and out of her. She moaned softly into his mouth and when he started to pull away she gently bit his bottom lip.

As he neared his climax he once again rubbed her clit to get her closer to the edge. As soon as he felt her quivering beneath him he released inside her. After he was finished he rolled over next to her, trying to catch his breath. She turned on her side to face him and ran her fingers lightly over his chest. He looked over at her and smiled.

"I love you Mrs. Quinn."

She returned his smile. "I love you Mr. Quinn."