Chapter 37

Chloe had said she would take the ferry to Staten Island for dinner. Giovanna told her they would pick her up there at 6:30 then head over to Casanova.

Chloe texted Giovanna when she got on the ferry and she and Brian headed over. Giovanna got out of his Jeep when she saw Chloe and they hugged before Chloe hopped in the back seat.

"Hi Chloe," Brian said, turning to look at her.

"Hi. Nice to finally meet you. Thanks for picking me up."

"No problem," he said. "Are you hungry?"

"Yes, very much so."

When they got to the restaurant they were seated right away.

"So what's good here?" Chloe asked.

"Everything," Giovanna replied. "Especially the pizza. That actually sounds really good."

"I could go for that," Brian said.

"Let's do it," Chloe said, closing her menu.

They discussed toppings then put their order in.

"So tell me about yourself," Brian said, taking a drink of his tea.

"Well I'm sure Giovanna has told you everything."

"Some, sure. What do you like to do for fun?"

"Um, anything really. Love going to movies. Reading. Hiking. Walking. I listen to podcasts when I walk. "

Brian's face lit up at the mention of podcasts. "Oh yeah? I do a couple of podcasts."

"I know. I listen."

"Get out! Really?! That's awesome."

"Yep. I love the dynamic between you, Walt and Bryan. And you and Sal, too. Both are very funny and very enjoyable."

"Well thank you. I'm glad you enjoy them. I have no intention of stopping."

"I hope not," she replied, smiling at him.

"You know there might not be a lot of time for that stuff once you start work. Might be some long hours."

"I'm fine with that. Looking forward to it actually."

He laughed. "Really?"

"Sure. I mean, I don't have a boyfriend and the only person I know here is Giovanna. So I don't really have people to hang out with. Might as well work and get paid instead of sitting at home."

"Alright. So do you have any questions about the job?"

"No," she said. "I think I have a handle on that. But can you tell me about the other guys? What should I expect Monday?"

"Well, first off, everyone in the office is nice and laid back. So I don't think you have to worry about feeling welcome. As for the guys, Joe is the funniest person I know. He will make you laugh frequently, even when he's not trying. Murray will probably hit on you, even though that could be considered sexual harassment. He's not crass but he'll flirt. My advice to you is don't find yourself alone with him. And Sal...well, Sal is a germaphobe first and foremost. He doesn't really like to shake hands so don't be offended if he doesn't offer. He's also very particular about certain things. Likes things done a certain way. You need a lot of patience when you're dealing with Sal."