Chapter 69

When she woke up the next day Giovanna's head was throbbing. She'd obviously drank more than she realized. Brian was still asleep, laying on his back with both arms above his head.

She got out of bed and got some ibuprofen out of her purse. After taking the pills and using the toilet she climbed back into bed. Brian stirred, turning on his side and opening an eye.

"Everything ok?" he asked.

"Yeah. Go back to sleep."

He moved close to her and threw his arm over her waist. He was instantly back asleep but she laid there, eyes closed, listening to the waves. They lulled her back to sleep within minutes.

"Hey baby," Brian said when they woke a few hours later.

"Hey. How are you?"

"Great. You?"

"Better," she said, resting her head on his chest. "Massive hangover headache earlier."

"Wanna go get something to eat?"

"Yes. I think after that I'll be ready to get out and do something."

They showered then hopped on the golf cart. They settled on Sugar Rush, which had a bakery and served breakfast and lunch.

"Have you given any thought to what you want for beating me at pool?" he asked, after they had ordered their food.

"Hmmmm... Well, I think a massage would be really nice."

"Oh yeah? What kind of massage?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"A full body massage."

"With a happy ending?"

"Well yeah," she said, smiling at him.

When their food arrived Brian asked the server if there were any spas on the island. She told him there was one, at Valentines Resort.

"Why did you ask her about spas?" Giovanna asked when the server walked away.

"You said you want a full body massage."

"Yeah, from you."

"Well, I can't do it nearly as good as the professionals. So let me do this for you."

"What about my happy ending?"

"I'll give you that afterwards," he said with a smile.

After they finished eating they hopped on the golf cart and drove over to the resort. They went in and were greeted by the receptionist.

"How can I help you?" she asked.

"Do you have any openings today for a massage?" Giovanna asked.

"Actually, we just had a cancellation. It was for a one hour massage, due to start in twenty minutes."

"That would be great."

"Ok. If you want to have a seat someone will be out shortly to take you back."

"Thank you," Giovanna said.

"Do you want me to wait with you?" Brian asked.

"No, you don't have to. Go get a drink or go back to the cottage and read. Whatever you want to do. Just come back and get me in an hour and twenty minutes."

"Ok. Enjoy it."

He kissed her before walking out.

When he returned later he found her sitting in the same spot.

"Did you get one?" he asked.

"Yep," she said, getting up.

"How was it?"