Chapter 40

"Got any plans for Halloween?" Sal asked Brian. They were on set at a mall in Brooklyn, in between filming turns.

"Not anything definite yet. I got my costume, though."

"What is it?"

"1960's Adam West Batman. Dude, it's so fucking awesome. I can't wait to wear it."

"Is Giovanna going with you?"

"Yeah, but she doesn't have a costume yet," Brian said.

"Isn't Catwoman the logical choice?"

"She went as Catwoman two years ago."

"Which one?"

"What do you mean?" Brian asked.

"Well there's been different Catwoman costumes. There's one from the TV show and then they're all different in all the movies. You should see if you can find the Julie Newmar one."

"Do you think they make that?"

"Look it up." Brian took out his phone and typed in "Julie Newmar Catwoman costume". Sure enough, pictures of the costume along with prices came up. Several websites offered it.

"Holy shit! This is great! I have to order it, right?"

"Are you kidding? Of course you do. She'll love it."

"Ok, done," Brian said a few minutes later. "You and Rachel should come out with us. Giovanna invited Chloe and some of the writers are going."

"We're going to a party one of her friends is throwing."

"Alright, alright." Just then Sal was called to film his challenge.

A week later the costume arrived and Brian couldn't wait to give it to Giovanna. Mostly because he wanted to see her in it. Then get her out of it.

"Hello stranger," Giovanna said, answering Brian's call.

"Hey baby. I know, I know. Work has been crazy the last couple of weeks. I've been getting home late and going straight to bed."

"I know. But I miss you. And all of your appendages."

"Believe me, my appendages miss you, too. One in particular." She laughed. "Are you free for dinner tomorrow? We're filming a punishment so it will be a light day of work."

"Yes," she said. "I'd love to. What time?"

"I'll pick you up at 6:30?"

"Ok."

"I have a surprise for you after dinner."

"Is it my favorite appendage?" she asked.

"No, but I'm sure we can find a way to work that in."

"We definitely will. See you tomorrow."

"Bye," Brian said.

The next evening he picked her up at 6:30 as they had planned. They had decided on a casual dinner and went to Fratelli. After dinner they drove back to his house. As was the norm, they were greeted by the cats upon entering.

"Chessie looks like he's put on a little weight," she said as the cat jumped into her lap on the couch.

"Yeah, I think so, too. I think he's been eating the food Benjamin and Brooklyn leave behind. I'm gonna have to start picking up the food bowls when they walk away."