Chapter 33

Giovanna called Brian when she got home and filled him in on her dinner with Chloe. He was spending the evening at home playing video games, something he didn't get to do very often. He needed this every so often and he loved that she understood that. He loved that she wasn't clingy and needy. She didn't need to spend every waking moment with him and she wasn't possessive and jealous.

They had plans to go to dinner the following night, so she kept the conversation short.

"I'll let you get back to your game," she said after a few minutes. "I'll give you all the details tomorrow. Love you."

"Love you, too. I'll pick you up at 6:00. Wear something sexy."

She laughed. "Anything for you."

They hung up and she sat on the couch reading until she couldn't keep her eyes open.

When she opened the door the next night she was wearing a short, dark purple, strapless dress.

"You look beautiful," he said, kissing her cheek. "Purple is my favorite color."

"Thank you. And I know," she said with a wink.

"And you smell good. Maybe we should skip dinner and get right to dessert."

"No, I'm hungry so you'll have to wait."

He sighed. "What's in the bag?" he asked, motioning to the small tote bag in her hand.

"You'll find out later," she smiled at him. "Let's go."

He drove them into Manhattan to the Sea Fire Grill. Brian had made a reservation so they were seated immediately and he ordered them a bottle of wine.

"So tell me about your sister," he said, taking a drink of wine.

"Um, well, she still doesn't have a job. She's only been here about ten days but I can't imagine her savings will last very long."

"What kind of work is she looking for?"

"She said she was a receptionist in a law office before she moved here. I think she said for six, maybe seven years? So something along those lines."

"Hmmmm... We actually have an opening at the production office for a P.A. It would be in the office, as opposed to on set. It's not the best paying job, and often the hours are long, but if she's interested I'll see what I can do."

"Really? You would do that for her? You met her once for like ten seconds."

"Yes, really," he said. "She's your sister. So if I can help her I'm happy to do it. If you'd rather I not than the subject is closed. No big deal. It's your call."

"Wow. Thank you. I will call her tomorrow and see if she is interested."

"It's settled then. Just have her email you her resume. What else did she have to say? Did she tell you anything about your mom? Or your brother and sisters?"

She filled him in on the rest of her meeting with Chloe as they looked over the menu. Once they had ordered she shifted the conversation to him.

"What's this punishment idea you mentioned last night?" His face lit up.

"Oh! It's a Sal punishment. We're gonna make him the Bog Monster of Louisiana. We have an outfit for him to wear, which is pretty heavy so he's gonna be boiling in it. It'll be covered in fake moss, he'll have a moss wig, we're gonna paint his face green... It's gonna be great."

"Poor Sal."

"Poor Sal?! He shouldn't lose!" he laughed.

"Where is the punishment going to happen?"

"We found a nice little area of swamp. We're gonna take a boat out there then he's gonna have to get in the water. The water looks disgusting. So that plus the bugs plus whatever is IN the water are going to make for a very uncomfortable Sal."

"You love punishing him, don't you?" she asked, seeing the sheer joy in his face.

"I really do. He's such an easy mark."

"I like seeing you this happy, even if it is at Sal's expense," she smiled at him. "When do you leave?"

"We leave on Wednesday morning, the 10th. We have a show on the 13th. Then home on the 14th. It's such a great place. I wish you were going. I promise we will go there together one of these days."

"I'm gonna hold you to that. Just promise me you won't flash your tits for beads."

He laughed. "That I can assure you will not happen."

"So New Orleans, then Boston and Texas at the end of the month?"

"Yep. You're still coming to Texas, right?"

"Yes. Looking forward to it. I could really use a few days out of town."

After dinner, as they waited for the valet to bring Brian's Jeep around, they were approached by some fans of the show. They were two young women, both very attractive, both very obviously flirting with him right in front of her. Giovanna hung back and let them have their moment, knowing that she was the one going home with him.

"Does that happen often?" she asked as the girls walked away.

"What? The fans?"

"The flirting." His cheeks tinged pink and she smiled.

"They weren't flirting. They were just being nice."

"Oh yes, very nice. For a minute there I thought they were going to proposition you right in front of me."

"Oh stop," he said, his face getting redder. She grabbed his arm and laughed.

"You're so cute when you get embarrassed."

They were soon walking into his house, being greeted by the cats.

"Do you want something to drink?" he asked, heading into the kitchen.

"Yes, please. Whatever you're having."He returned with a bottle of wine and two glasses. "Do you want to take this upstairs?"

A wide grin spread across his face. "Not wasting any time tonight. I like it."

"Well, what I have planned might take a while," she said, holding up the bag she'd brought. She turned and headed up the stairs, him following close on her heels.