The sharpest lives chapter 22**

*RAINS POV* 

I wake up after hearing laughter from downstairs. It is freezing in my room ugh. Yeah, I am back with Simon and have been for around three days now and my mum returned home last night. Simon is moving in so I guess I don't want to hurt mums feelings so I better not say anything about what happened because I doubt Simon will. I walk into the bathroom and have a quick shower. I put on my black skinny jeans, Iron Maden shirt and my vans. I pack my bag and walk down stairs.

"Hey honey! How's school been?" My mum asks as I grab a coke out of the fridge.

"It's been peachy." I say looking at Simon. Simon grits his teeth and kisses mum.

Without saying goodbye I walk out of the front door and begin my journey to school. Gerard hasn't been in school for the time that I have been back home, and Mikey came in yesterday. He didn't make any effort to talk to me. It worries me but I can't help my hate Gerard for everything.

"Hey Rain." A voice whispers behind me making me jump.

It's Frank. 

"Oh hey Frank." I say relieved that today is not the day for my murder.

"Have you spoken to Gerard or Mikey lately? Apparently you's lot are in a bit of a pussy fight" Frank laughed.

"Mhmhm something like that." I say.

"Gerard is ill you know?" Frank questions.

I stop and look at Frank.

"What do you mean ill?" I ask worried about Gee.

"Well he hasn't been in since three days ago so somethings obviously wrong." 

Me and Frank walk to school. We are greeted by Ray, and surprisingly Mikey is there.

"Hey Mikey, look I don-" 

"Rain it doesn't matter okay?" Mikey said with anger in his voice.

We changed the subject when it hit me. I had art today. 

******************************** Art Class.

*RAINS POV*

I slowly walk into art, not expecting what I saw.

I walked in the door, and saw a broken looking Gerard sitting at his desk. He looked up at me with hate and sorrow filled in his eyes. Everyone had filled the class room, when Gerard stood up.

"Students, I want you to carry on with the work I set you last week." He then looked at me.

"Come with me" he whispered.

I stepped back hesitating. Gerard grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside. We walked all the way to the cloak room where we walked in and Gerard locked the door.

"Look Gerard I don't know what you want from me bu-"

"Rain I have been in hospital" he breathed.

I looked down at his hands which were dirty, from painting. I could feel my eyes watering as I held his hands that were so un cared for. I looked up at him as he winced in pain. My eyes widened as it finally sunk in. The blades in the drawer. The alcohol. The drugs. 

I rolled up his sleeve to reveal many slices through his precious skin. A tear fell onto the destroyed flesh. With his free hand, Gerard lifted my chin up and smiled weakly.

"Rain. I love you" 

What? He cannot love me. He loves Laura. He probably tells all his girls that he loves them. 

"No you don't. Stop lying to me Gee" I sighed.

"You called me Gee." he smiled.

Fuck it. He leaned in and kissed me passionately as tears fell from both of our eyes. Gerard pulled away and looked at me. 

"Rain, I know he hurts you. And I know you hurt yourself because of it." He says rolling up my sleeves to reveal similar cuts which have now formed scars. He gently kissed each scar and then whispered in my ear;

The world is ugly,

But your beautiful to me.