The sharpest lives chapter 33**

*GERARDS POV*

Great. I fucked up again. Yes, it's my fault but I'm also pissed off at Rain. Why does she think I don't care, and that i'd get off with some blonde slut at school. I wouldn't. I'm not like that. It angers me so much. It's been five hours since I left Rain with the note, and I don't even think she knew where she was to get home. Now I feel bad about that. Fuck.

"Gee, you've drunk seven cups of coffee since you got in...are you okay?" Mikey asks, obviously concerned about me.

I groaned. I couldn't tell Mikey what had happened between me and Rain, because he'd scream at me. We have been split apart so many times now that ive lost count. Maybe Rain is right. Maybe I don't care enough.

"Dude i'm going to bed. It's already half 12. School tomorrow remember?" Mikey questions. 

He sighs as he realizes i'm not replying any time soon, and walks upstairs. This is going to be a long night.

******************************************************

I wake up to find myself in the same position as last night. I groan and sit up, rub my eyes and let my eyes adjust to the lighting. 

"Your awake. That's good cause we have like 20 minutes before school" Mikey laughs.

Shit. I quickly run upstairs and jump into the shower. I spent 10 minutes in the hot steam, and then changing into my black ripped skinny jeans and white t-shirt. I had 10 minutes to spare so I walked downstairs to find that Mikey had already made me a cup of coffee. 

"Thanks dude." I say to Mikey, as he nods.

5 minutes pass and I might as well get to school early. Me and Mikey get into the car. It takes 2 minutes to arrive at school, and in that whole 2 minutes I was praying Rain would attend today. I slowly walked down the hall way of the school, which seemed like slow motion. I was oblivious to anything around me. Finally after what seemed a life time, I arrived at my class room. I walked in as the cold air hit my face, causing me to shiver. It felt weird? The day went on as I felt something wasn't right. Finally lunch came.

The bell rang and the kids ran out of class. I pulled my backpack towards me with my foot and picked it up. I unzipped it and pulled out my wallet. I was going to eat lunch in the cafeteria today. I stood up and slipped my wallet into my back pocket and walked out of class. The corridor was jam packed with teenagers kissing, fights and kids being held against lockers. It made me remember of when I was at school. Fat shit who was bullied. Woo what a great school life I had. 

I shook the thoughts away and stopped taking so much notice of school. I never take any notice of this school so why should I now? 

It's because I was trying to keep my mind of Rain. Idiot.

I finally reached the hall, where kids were crammed onto tables eating lunch. I queued up and ordered a black coffee with chips. That should do. I sat down at the back of the hall on a ledge. I wasn't about to sit with some stuck up shit kids while eating lunch. No way. All of a sudden a scream was heard from the front of the hall. 

In a matter of seconds everyone rushed towards the scene as you heard laughter and 'oos' coming from the crowd.

"Bitch you better pay for sitting in here! I told you to go sit with your shitty emo self in the toilets. You emo will die" 

I quickly ran over to the crowd.

Fuck.

Rain was lying on the ground shielding her face with her battered hands. Samantha was kicking and punching Rain, cursing out loud. I pushed through the crowd, pulling Samantha by her hair and pushing her out the way. I quickly bent down, scooped Rain up and pushed past the mob of people now gathered around us. 

I ran to the school nurse. 

"Please fucking help her please please pleas-" I was cut of by the school nurse rushing over.

"It's okay petal, i'll take care of you." The nurse said, with sweetness in her voice.

Finally someone kind in this god damned school. I place Rain down on the bed and stroked her bruised forehead. Rain groaned as the nurse inspected her injures. She lifted her top up and carefully scanned over her damaged body. The nurse looked at me in worry. Rain's head turned towards me, as a stray tear fell down her face. She knew the nurse had seen her scars. He damaged body as she'd say.

Rain grabbed the nurses wrist.

"Please. Don't. Tell." 

The nurse looked at me, and back at Rain sympathetically. Rain started to cry harder, tears falling from her lost eyes. The nurse shook her head and stepped back. 

"Mr Way please leave. I need to proceed with a full body check" 

I stepped out the room. 

Finding my own tears starting to fall.