Imagine 1941

So here's the scene, it's 1941, you're sitting at a train station right?

Your angry because you had spent  all day packing up your bags to visit your boyfriend in Washington D.c only for the messenger boy to come along and tell you that your boyfriend no longer wanted to associate with you and that he's seeking the thirst for knowledge and can no longer be tied down in such a stale and loveless relationship.

In his own candid way he basically told you he rather pursue college than to try to maintain a pointless relationship with you.

That hurt you a lot but you still had to withstand all the pain until you reached the comforts of your home.

You got up from the bench through with your grieving as you started to slowly walk home seeing cars go up and down the street trying to make it home before the storm that was forecasted today came.

None of that really seemed to matter as you kept wondering what you did wrong or what you could've done differently.

You felt a few drops of rain then it started to poor so you took off your long trench coat out and put it over your head and ran into a bus stop terminal with your luggage.

"Great this day just keeps getting fun." You say a loud.

"Tell me about it darlin." A man says bitterly.

"Rough day?" You inquire.

"Yes." The man says tiredly rubbing his facing.

"What happened if I might ask?" You politely ask.

"My friend got arrested." He bluntly replied.

"I'm sorry..what for?" You continue the situation curious to know what could've happened.

"He got arrested for possession of drugs..but I know the police officer framed him because he's black." The man frowned shaking his head in disgust.

"Ah, Racism..shame it still exist." You say a bit day dreamy wondering if there would ever be a time where the world would be peaceful and things such as heartbreak and racism didn't exist.

"It is.." He spoke his voice crisp yet thoughtful as if he was thinking the same as me..who knows..he probably was.

You look outside to see the rain was still falling but it was letting up so you thought maybe you could make a break for it even though you hated to risk your hair that you had just gotten done in the salon..plus there was no telling when it would be open again ever since the government and everyone else in the country was on high tension with some issues with Japan no one wanted to spend long days working when they could be at home listening to the news.

"Thinking about running for it sweet heart?" The man smirks looking at a flash of lightning that just lit up the grey skies.

"Maybe..I really wanna go home.." You explain feeling a wave of eeriness suddenly strike you.

'I do to, something about today doesn't feel right you know?" The man explained sharing his disturbed feelings with you.

"I thought I was the only one who felt that.." You admit happy yet concerned you weren't the only one.

"What's your name?" He suddenly asks.

"Y/N, and you?" You question.

"Marshall Bruce Mathers..i'm a soldier for the U.S army." He says.

You stand there shocked for a minute surprised that you were talking to one of the heroes bravely fighting for the U.S.

"I joined the army to protect the people in this country..yet it's ironic the same people I protect are the same racist punks that arrest my friends." He says spitefully.

You say nothing understanding his frustration but after all there's nothing that could be done to change the minds of people..people feel how they want to feel and do what they please..in the end all you can do is to continue to fight for our country along with it's freedom and all the painful secrets and lies that comes with it.

"It is..but maybe that makes you stronger." You explain.

"Maybe or maybe it makes me human." He speaks coolly.

"I suppose." You look outside again to see the rain is slowing down enough for you to make a run for it.

"I think i'm going to go Marshall." You say to the man who still had his eyes focused on outside.

"I'm glad that i'm in the army though." He suddenly says.

You look at him curiously wondering where his mind was all with his thoughts that seemed to go on forever from where you were standing.

"Hm?" You ask.

"For I can protect people like you." He says as though it's the easiest thing in the world.

You heart almost skips a beat as you give him a little smile. 

"Thank you Mr. Mathers.." You give him a wave as you quickly make your way out of the terminal and down the street hoping that you could quickly dry off and take a nice bath.

You approach your house and get your keys to the door as you tumble in with all of your luggage that you realize you now have to unpack and put back in it's drawers.

"What a peculiar day." You breathe getting a match and lighting a candle to get a cozy vibe within the cold house.

You suddenly remember your ex and all the pain he has caused you today..but you weren't as sad as you thought you would be considering you had made a new friend. You sigh out of frustration as you turn on your little Tv with the black and white color picture that took you forever to save up money for, and turned to the news to see if there was any updates on the weather.

Instead you were met with breaking news.

"We are just getting reports that there has been an attack on Pearl Harbor." 

"We are not sure where this attack has come from."

"Just in, we think that Japan is behind this brutal attack."

"Does this mean war?"

Your head seem to swirl around you as you look at your calendar to mark a day that will later be known as the day that will live in Infamy  December 7th 1941.

You turn off the Tv wondering what this was going to mean for America..and for some odd reason you couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen to your new friend Marshall.

"Yes..this has certainly been a rough day."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I actually had an entirely different idea with this imagine that didn't involve pearl harbor at all..but once I got the idea in my head it just kinda took off from there. Hope you liked this imagine because to me I think it's one of my favorites. :D I actually had to do a bit of research for this one not just with pearl harbor but also with the way I wrote..I had to make it sound like it was the 1940's which was a tad difficult because I did not live in that time period. But anyway like I said hope you enjoyed it. <3