Thanksgiving

So it was thanks giving and you were some where cooking your behind off in the kitchen and your mom and aunt was of course criticizing everything you did while your grandma sat at the kitchen island casually drinking her tea while throwing shade every once in a while thinking she was being slick.
"That is NOT how you make Mac and Cheese!" Your mom said shoving you out of the way to fix the disaster you were creating.

"Lord your child getting ready to posion us all." Aunt Alicia said sweating while making her famous mashed potatoes with chives and garlic.

"Uhg I'll put the snacks out for everyone to eat while the foods getting ready." You said ignoring their criticism.

" wait honey." Grandma said catching your attention.

"Yes Grandma?" You said.

"You didn't make them did you?" She asked sweetly.

"No why?" You asked.

Grandma said nothing as she continued to sip her tea.

You seriously couldn't believe your family.

You sat the snacks out and heard the doorbell which meant more people were here.

"Coming!" You said running to the door.

You opened it and it was your Uncle Tod and his really young girlfriend Amber.

"Hey little bit!" He said grabbing you and giving you a hug.

"Hey uncle Tod.." You said returning the hug.

"How you been?" He asked.

"Good." You enthused. "Hi Amber." You said to the woman who's head was buried in her phone.

"Hey." She said her head never leaving her phone.

"Where my sisters and mom at?" He asked looking around.

"In the kitchen being critics.." You said rolling your eyes.

Uncle Tod gave a hearty laugh "Yeah that sounds like em." He said going towards the kitchen with Amber following him.

As soon as he left you quickly went to check your pockets to make sure all your things were still there.

You see your Uncle Tod was the shady one out of the siblings..he was a well known con artist in Detroit and things always disappeared when he was around.

After breathing a sigh of relief that your stuff was still there, you were about to go back in the kitchen yourself when the doorbell rang and you opened it to see that it was your brother and his best friend Riley who happened to have a major crush on you back in high school.

And little did you know.

He still did.

"Hey sis happy thanksgiving!" Your brother said giving you a hug.

"Hey Bro." You said returning it.

"Hey where everyone at?" He asked seeing the living room was empty.

"In the Kitchen cooking." You said.

"Oh..uhh..you didn't cook anything did you?" Your brother said bluntly.

"WHY DOES EVERYONE THINK I'M AN AWFUL COOK?" You yelled practically seething at this point.

"Sis..your best dish is microwave pizza." He shrugged.

". . . .Hey I make a mean pepperoni pizza." You countered.

He rolled his eyes and was heading towards the kitchen. "Yo Riley come on man." Your brother said ushering him to follow him.