Summertime

~Warning~

Okay just a little heads up, if this chapter is not good in your opinion, or boring, or whatever..just a little fair warning that it is taking everything out of me right now to give you all a really good chapter because  I have been gone for about a month because i've been crazy busy with graduation and everything! Plus right now it is like 90 degrees in my house right now and I am burning up. So as I type this imagine I will most likely be sweating like a sinner in church. So just a little heads up if the plot sucks, or the spellings off, or whatever. >.>''

Oh and btw this story takes place back in 1963 during the civil rights movement and some more historical events you will learn about in this imagine.

(Oh and I highly suggest you listen to the music provided at the top of this story..)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Summertime, and the livin' is easy
Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high  

The year was 1963, November 22nd a day where the entire country would soon be shook up like a carbonated beverage on a hot summer day.

But that was a little later on.

Right now though  you were currently an African America girl who was at a both black and white diner where you sat picking at the breakfast you had ordered but no longer wanted because you suddenly remembered you were on a diet about 4 bites too late into the crispy greasy bacon that tasted like heaven. 

You weren't really a big nor a chubby girl, but you wanted to stay skinny and looks were a big thing.

And it is sad how looks of a woman were the only thing that counted in this day and age and if you didn't have nothing to offer you were looked down on by the men and more importantly the other women.

Your entire life goal according to society is to sit still and be a pretty little gal that can pop out kids faster than a chain smoker can light a cigarette.

You hated these rules and even considered turning into a hippie..but the idea didn't last long when you realized more than likely you'd be living with a bunch of strangers who popped pills and didn't find anything wrong with not showering..

Plus who ever heard of a black hippie?

So you decided that a diet would be better.

You were a very pretty girl according to most people well at least the people in your race and you were going to make sure it stayed that way since college wasn't exactly a thing for girls, especially black ones.

Nope Pretty but stupid was the way of life.

And you hated every second of it.

  Oh, your daddy's rich and your ma is good-lookin'
So hush little baby, Don't you cry  

As you sat thinking about the direction your life was going (or not going) a white man sat next to you unexpectedly.

Or maybe it was expectedly, overall you were a very gorgeous girl and men desired to talk to you whenever they had the chance and you just assumed that this guy was no different.

"Isn't there plenty of other spots to sit?" You asked annoyed by this man's sudden presence.

"Excuse me?" He said his eyes widening at how irritated you looked.

  One of these mornings you're gonna rise up singing
And you'll spread your wings and you'll take to the sky

" Look I already have a boyfriend."  You lied. "And i'm sure if you tried harder you could find a pretty white girl with blonde hair to cook casseroles for you and look pretty all day."