Please Marry my Dad

"Now what seems to be the problem?" A sweet girl of around 22 sighed as she shifted her fake glasses on her face and positioned her pen and notebook in a way that screamed that she knew exactly what she was doing.

Even though she got her hair stuck in her comb only 3 hours ago.

"There is no problem." You said looking at the girl curiously while she jotted down something in her notebook.

"In denial to problems.." She said while writing her last few words down.

". . . "

"Hailie why am I here?" You asked wiping some sweat from your forehead.

You had just came back from a jog around the neighborhood when Hailie decided to call you claiming that it was something urgent. And when you finally did get there you see the young lady dressed in a business like attire and glasses you've never seen her wear before and her hair placed in a sophisticated bun on top of her head.

"I am your therapist, and i'm here to figure out WHY IN THE WORLD AREN'T YOU MARRIED TO MY DAD!?" She suddenly yelled.

You jumped in surprise at her sudden question and outburst as you blinked not once but twice to recompose yourself.

"B-because he never asked me?" You nervously stutter. 

"And why do you think that is?" Hailie fired back.

"Because we're not dating?" You questioned.

"And how does that make you feel?" She said writing down this information.

"Well bad..but that could be from that pizza I ate earlier." You shrugged.

She gave a long sigh as she shook her head in disappointment. "Y/N, your not going to get anywhere with that sweaty outfit and stuffing your face with pizza, trust me I tried that after my boyfriend in high school broke up with me, the only thing I got out of it was a stomach ache and and really bad onion breath." She inquired shivering a bit at the memory.

"Okay well I can't just make your dad fall in love with me." You said trying to get this girl to understand that it takes two to fall in love.

"But he is in love with you." She said suddenly making your heart stop beating for a second.

"What?"

"Yeah he's totally in love with you, and I know that because he actually asked me if he should grow a beard or not in worry that you wouldn't like it." She smiled.

"Oh so that's why you asked me like 8 months ago if he should get a beard.." You said remembering that weird conversation.

"Yup, but it goes back even further than that, dad just doesn't want another broken heart, and after my mom and him broke up..." Hailie's words drifted off as if she was trying to erase all the memories of that time.

"Hailie, look I appreciate what you're trying to do and all, but if he really was in love with me then he would ask me out already." You sighed.

"You make him laugh." She said.

"Hailie-"

"You make him laugh and smile and I want to see more of that from him." She said looking at you intensely with her eyes flickering back and forth between worry and happiness.

"So i'm asking you, will you please continue to make my dad happy?" She said tears threatening to fall from her face.

You were so stunned looking at this now woman courageously fight for what she believe would be best for her dad, You remember her when she was just a little bitty baby laughing and giggling about her barbie dolls, and now..she was a grown woman who wanted the world not for herself but for her dad.

"I will do my best." You smiled.

"That's not enough..I'm asking you, no..i'm begging you...Please marry my dad." She said right when Marshall decided to come in through the front door with his beats headphones in and his work out clothes.

He was dripping with sweat and he was out of breath, but you decided he never looked better.

"Hey guys what's up?" He said taking his head phones off to look at how the two of you were positioned away from each other.

"N-nothing." Hailie said quickly grabbing her pen and paper and hurrying herself upstairs.

"What was that about?" Marshall asked watching his secretary looking daughter run upstairs for dear life.

"I..do you love me?" You asked really scared to hear the response but decided that it was either now or never.

His eyes widened and his face actually started to go red. "W-what brought this on?" He nervously asked.

"Please answer the question." You said sharply.

"Y/N...I was going to wait until your birthday in two weeks but I guess I can do this now." He said going over to a little table that had a drawer in it and opening the drawer to pull out a little black box.

"Look, I know we're not even dating and this could've been way more romantic with me not doing this when i'm sweating like a pig, but..we've known each other since we were crazy kids each trying to find our own path in this world without ending up getting ourselves killed or shot..so we made it through that together and then you helped me when I was going through drugs and Kim..and just everything so I've been thinking about this for a while..and umm Will you please Marry-"

Suddenly the front door opened and whacked Marshall upside the head knocking him out cold.

Your mouth dropped open as you looked to see who had opened the door.

"Hey y'all what's-" Nate paused looking at his unconscious brother on the ground and your stunned reaction.

"UNCLE NATE!" Hailie suddenly screamed angrily from the top of the stairwell.

So she had been eavesdropping..

"YOU RUINED DADS PROPOSAL!!" Hailie angrily cried.

"HIS WHAT!?" Nate screamed completely baffled at the situation he had just walked into.

"Oh well...I will marry you." You smiled taking the ring out of Marshall's hands and slipping it on your finger.

Hailie sighed "Oh well I better get the ice."

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Oh noo Marshall's proposal got ruined!! :O Oh well  you said yes anyway x)