Super Heroes

You and your boyfriend were currently exiting the shelter after he had just one a rap battle against this guy that choked and went running off the stage.

"Man you see the look on that white boy's face?" He laughed. "That'll teach him to stay in his place." He mocked.

"Yeah you were great." You halfheartedly said.

"Alright well look I gotta head over my cousins house, catch you later?" He asked.

"Yeah.." 

He nodded and gave you a quick kiss on the cheek before taking off down the street to his cousins house that was right around the corner.

You tried to fight the nauseated feeling that came from your stomach when he had kissed your cheek but it was almost impossible.

The truth was you didn't like your boyfriend at all.

He was a bully who always seemed to get what he wanted and not what's coming to him. He thinks he can just put people down and get away with it. But Karma was a funny thing and you always believed you get back what you put in.

You really wanted to dump him actually, but you couldn't because you were the most popular girl and school, and he as the most popular boy in school and so by the rules that you weren't sure who created, you HAD to date him.

You were about to walk home when you saw the white boy who had ran out on the rap battle walking across the street with a hoodie over his head.

You didn't know why but suddenly you were running across the street trying your best to catch up with him and nearly got hit by a car that was going way over the speed limit. But you managed to make it across safely and saw the boy entering the local McDonald's that always seemed to have some crazy accident occur.

You entered the McDonald's and was instantly hit with the smell of greasy fries and the stares of hungry people in line waiting to be served their food.

You saw that he wasn't in the line and scanned the restaurant to find that he was at the way back of the restaurant with his head down and a drink next to him.

You walked over and sat across from him unnoticed to him until you cleared your throat and got his attention.

His eyes widened at your presents and you almost saw a small smile form on his lips but then as quick as it came it disappeared.

"Marshall are you okay?" You asked.

"Well let's see, your boyfriend just kicked my behind and I didn't even put up a fight, i'm so weak!" He yelled in frustration.

"But no i'm fine." He said sarcastically.

"Marshall i'm sorry.." You said sympathizing with how he feels.

"Why are you sorry? You can leave him any time you  want...but me he sticks to me like glue and I just want him as far away from me as possible." He said his tone spiteful.

"Why are you still with that jerk?" He asked you suddenly.

"Because I have to be.." You said quietly.

"And who told you that? Do you not have free will or a mind of your own?" He said throwing questions at you left and right.

You didn't know how to answer so you just kept quiet while he continued his onslaught of words on your self confidence.

"And the worst part is you have someone who actually cares about you and your to dumb to realize it." He said angrily.

"You think I don't realize it?" You suddenly cut in. "Marshall you know as well as me if we were together we'd be the laughing stock of the school." You explained.

"You mean you'd be the laughing stock of the school, I already am." He said haughtily.

Your eyes widened.

"No you could leave him at any time, the truth is, you don't want to. Your scared that if you do your reputation will be ruined and you'll be an outcast like me." He said coldly.

"No that's not-"

"But it is, and that's okay because one of these days i'm going to be bigger than anybody in that school, and I won't have any regrets when i'm on stage making millions and everyone else is flipping burgers at Burger King and Micky d's."  He said gesturing to some of the kids at the Cashier counter from our school who already worked there and seemed to be content. Which was honestly really frightening.

"I don't doubt it...I always believed in you and probably always will." You said quietly really thinking about his words. Were they true? Was she scared to lose her role as the popular girl? Or maybe it was even deeper than that...did you think that was the only role you would ever have that was worth something?

"Then tell me something." He said taking a sip of his drink.

"Okay." You said.

"Why don't you believe in yourself?" He asked staring at you in a way you couldn't describe all you know is it made you think.

You couldn't answer, at least not then.

Marshall sighed and got up to leave but you stopped him with a question of your own.

"Marshall, do you believe in heroes?" You asked.

"Yeah, do you?" He said looking at you in question.

"I didn't before...but I think I do now." You said smiling a bit.

A small smile formed in the corner of his lips as he nodded and walked out the restaurant.

You sat there with an entire new look on your life and you wasn't sure where your life was going, and who you'd end up with in the end.

But if it was one thing you did know was..

You were definitely breaking up with Deangelo Bailey at school tomorrow. And you were totally ready to ruin your reputation. But it didn't matter, because sometimes super heroes are regular guys, and not the most popular guy in school.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey guys so this was an imagine inspired by the Contest winner which was....  @SlimTheKiller so congratulations to you! And sorry it took so long to update anything it's been a very busy time in life with graduation and everything coming up sooo soon! :D So thanks for the patience and i'll see you soon everyone!