Imagine Marathon continued (Dystopian themed)

You were walking down the street, your breathing heavy, your clothes a mess with a shotgun in your hand.

It was dark, but you knew that that was good.

Maybe they wouldn't find you..

"I hate hide and seek" You say as you quickly bolt for an old farm mill that had been abandoned years ago when a fire broke out leaving it in ruins.

You could hear the sounds of sirens in the distance signaling that it was time.

God please no..please no..please don't find me..I don't want to be it.

I don't want to be it..

A voice came over the speakers that radiated through out the entire city.

"1..2...3...4..." A voice counted over the speaker.

Please don't pick me..please..

You were so caught up in not being "It." you didn't even realize someone was behind you.

"Oh my God!" You squeal backing up against the wall.

"Sshh!!!!!!" A man spoke putting his finger over his lips.

You nod as you both hide in the nook of a wall your bodies real close together.

"Don't worry they won't find us." The man said seeing that you were breathing erratically.

"You don't know that!" You hiss back.

"No, but i've been playing this game since I was 14 and I haven't been "It." yet." He said.

"14?" You say in shock.

"Yup, I got entered in the game after I shot some paint balls at this cop." He explained.

"Why would you do that?" You ask looking at him stupidly.

"Cause it was fun." He snorted.

"50..51..52..53..54..55.." The voice continued.

"Is it fun now?" You ask.

He smirks and looks at you a little as you realize the proximity between you two was almost non existent.

"Yeah." He said.

You roll your eyes would've been more scared by the stranger if you weren't already terrified of being "It."

"70...71..72.." The voice counted.

"You think that shot gun's going to help?" He ask curiously looking at how your hands were clutching the weapon for dear life.

"It might.." You respond nervously.

"88..89..90..91.."

"Then again it might not." The man counters. "How did you get in the game anyway?" He asks his overly calm demeanor making you all the more tense.

"I stole something." You say as you take a deep breath.

"Was it worth getting in the game?"

"I don't know." You answer truthfully.

"Well, let's hope it was." He says lightly seeing that you were upset.

"97..98..99..100." The voice stopped counting and that's where everyone knew all bets were off..

And the game was on.

There was a lot of screaming going on from people who hadn't found a good hiding space and the sounds of foot steps could be heard scrambling about. No one wanting to get seeked.

"Come out, come out wherever you are.." A voice nearby said as he flashed a flash light through out the old mill.

Oh my God he's going to find us..

The steps of the seeker got closer as the light seemed to get brighter. You breathing was heavy and there was no amount of courage in the world to get you to calm down.

Just as you were sure he was about to find you both the flash light quickly turned on a noise that could be heard from across the room.

"Found you!" The seeker shouted at the person who could be heard crying.

"NO PLEASEE I DON'T WANNA DIE!" The person pleaded only to find themselves backed into a corner.

"Should've thought about that before committing a crime, You're it." The Seeker said aiming his gun towards the shaking guy.

"NO PLEASE, I DIDN'T HAVE A CHOICE I HAD TO STEAL FOOD FOR MY FAMILY I-"

*Bam!*

The sound of a gun went off ending the poor mans pleads. You could see the blood splatter as you jump back causing something to fall behind you and unfortunately alerting the seekers attention.

"Who's there!?" The seeker growls.

"RUN!" The mystery guy your with yells as you both make a run for it ignoring the yelling of the seeker who was hot on your trail.

"Over here!" The man conducts you as you both make a bee line into the woods.

You run for what feels like hours until you both couldn't hear anyone following you anymore. Your extremely tired and your feet is aching but you were alive and happy.

"I never got your name." You say to the mystery man who was out of breath as well.

"Marshall Bruce Mathers." He answers through breaths.

"I'm Y/N..thanks for helping me out." You say.

"No problem, I got to go though..my kid needs me." Marshall says.

"Good luck.." You say.

"You too." He smiles running back in the direction of all the seekers.

You grip your gun once more as you head back to your house. Knowing you avoided being "It." for another day.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO