Advice

It was in the evening and while everyone was inside partying and enjoying themselves you couldn't help but be thoughtful and wonder how you ended up being surrounded by so many good and successful people..

"Penny for your thoughts?" A voice behind you said shocking you out of your thoughts.

"Kim." You said surprised she was actually talking to you after you had just got engaged to her ex husband.

"That's what they call me..you know besides a hoe or slut or two timer or bimbo.." She said taking a swig of whatever was in her glass.

"You didn't deserve that.." You said feeling sorry for the woman.

She shrugged. 

"You two had a really hard time..not every marriage is perfect you know." You said continuing to look out into the distance since the balcony you two were on had a gorgeous view.

" You said continuing to look out into the distance since the balcony you two were on had a gorgeous view

"That's the truth." She snorted. "Anyway why aren't you inside celebrating Alaina's engagement party?" She asked.

"I just needed some air.." You lied twisting the engagement ring Marshall gave you around on  your ring finger.

"You were married before right?" Kim asked observing your mannerisms.

You swallowed hard surprised that she was reading  you.

"Yes I was.." You said dryly not really wanting to talk about this any more.

"What happened?" She asked looking at you with a lot of curiosity.

"He..died." You say roughly trying to shut all those bad memories out of your head.

"Had to have been more then that..your practically shaking over there." Kim observed seeing you get a tad bit anxious.

"He committed suicide." You say your voice shallow yet saddened.

"And you blame yourself for that?" She asked wanting to see where your mind was.

"Of course not..it wasn't my fault..but..it still worries me." You confided.

"Why?" She asked.

"Cause...I couldn't stop him..I couldn't make our marriage work..so what if this doesn't work?" You breathed looking at Kim who was facing the view of the city before you.

"When I attempted suicide I remember how guilty Marshall felt." She said suddenly a look of Nostalgia clear on her face. "But I reassured it it wasn't his fault..and it wasn't..life's really difficult at times and some people just can't deal with it." She said her fingers rubbing over her wrist where she once attempted to slice over.

"Is that why you tried again a year ago?" You asked, hearing about how her car accident wasn't really an "Accident".

"I'm getting help..but it's still really rough." She admitted taking another sip out of her glass.

"I'm sorry about your sister.." You said knowing she was probably still in grieving over her twin sisters death.

"Thank you..but we were talking about you, now I think you need to move on from whatever is troubling you and you need to walk down that aisle with Marshall." She said her tone full of seriousness.

"I don't know if I can..what if something happens." You asked feeling more anxiety rush over you.

"Something always happens, you just gotta deal with it." She said. "I've learned that the hard way." She thought out loud.

You said nothing just listened as she continued to talk.

"If there's one thing I do know, is that Marshall really loves you and he deserves some happiness in his life after everything we put each other through." She said.

It was your turn to ask a question.

"You still love him don't you?" You asked waiting for her response.

A small smirk crossed her face as she put her glass down and layed back in her chair a little. "Of course..but he's yours now." She said looking at you in deep thought.

"That's why you gotta marry him.." She continued.

You looked down at your ring and gave a smile feeling a bit better after talking with Kim.

"It's gonna be okay." Kim said seeing you were still a little conflicted.

"Thank you...and Kim..please take care of yourself." You said getting up.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me." She said finishing off her drink. 

"Oh hey, that's where y'all two went." Marshall said stepping out onto the deck looking at the two of you in wonderment.

"Everything okay out here?" Marshall asked mostly looking at you.

"We're fine, matter of fact Kim helped me a lot." You said smiling at the lady who was still laying down her face solemn and nonchalant.

"Really?" Marshall almost whispered in shock.

"Yeah..now what did you come out here to tell us?" You asked holding on to his hand.

"Alaina cut the cake so y'all can get a piece." He said.

"Okay sounds good, you coming Kim?" You asked.

"Yeah let's go." she said getting up looking at Marshall who shot her a puzzled look.

Kim went in first leaving the two of you outside.

"What happened out here?" Marshall asked before you went in as well.

"Nothing, I love you very much." You said kissing him on the cheek.

"I love you too." He said still confused but decided to go along with it.

You had no idea what the future would bring for the two of you, but you were just excited for the journey that would hopefully lead you to nothing but good things.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey guys wow..I know i've been gone for a bit, like I said my voice gave out and I was just trying to chill for a bit but i'm back and I hoped you like this Kim filled chapter, I feel like Kim gets so much Hate in these stories so I decided I want to give her POV and I just feel really bad for Kim TBH cause she really has gone threw some stuff..and the fact she tried to commit suicide like just a year ago..that's just..wow. My prayers go out to Kim.