Love and Happiness..

A:N Before you read this..I want to say I apologize for any spelling errors or just errors period. Because I really wanted to update the imagines for you since it's been a second..But I'm actually really sick right now and I'm pretty sure i've got the flu and i'm going to the doctors soon..but anyway I really was in my Old school music and was playing some Al Green Love and Happiness. And I just had to do an imagine for this..Because this song reminds me of way back when. xD

So here we go...Hope you like.

July, 12th 1997

It was a sunny day for Detroit, everyone was out walking and playing basketball up and down the streets trying to savor every amount of daylight they could get because with such unpredictable weather in Detroit, you never new what tomorrow would bring.

"Yo shawty, how about some lemonade?" One of your neighbors said cooking some meat on your grill.

You see he didn't have a grill, and you had no idea how to grill but you had one..so you guys came to the conclusion he would grill for you and we'll just feed the whole neighborhood.

Yeah, anyone who wanted some ribs, hot dogs, hamburgers or even steak could just pop up and ask and you guys would supply them with any drinks they may want.

You guys did this every summer because it was nice to see everyone happy and smiling and bringing all their sports equipment and fun activities and even mini inflatable pools that the filled up with a gardening hose and played in the street.

Yup, y'all shut the block down every summer and had this major party where everyone enjoyed themselves.

Well almost everyone..

"Y/N what's with these runny greens child?" Aunt Gogo said putting her glasses on to observe the greens some more.

"Aunt Gogo..." You sighed..

Aunt Gogo was not your aunt but she was basically the neighborhoods Aunt because she looked out for everyone no matter who you were. She considered the entire block her children and always had something to say.

Matter of fact they called her Aunt Gogo because she was always on the move.

"Didn't I teach you to make better Greens then this?" She hissed.

"I'm sorry Aunt Gogo." You sighed realizing there was no excuses to be made.

"You should be..now let me show you how to make some real greens." She laughed heading in your kitchen to make some more suitable greens.

You eventually remembered to bring out the lemonade which had everyone running up to you at once to grab a cup since it was really quite hot outside.

"Thank you Ms. Y/N!" One of the kids said drinking the lemonade in almost one sip.

"No problem." You said happy that you had made about 4 pictures of lemonade.

"Hey Y/N!" Someone yelled your name catching your attention.

"Oh hey!" You smiled running up to Proof and Marshall.

"Hey girl you shut the block down again?" Proof said hugging you gently.

"Yeah you know it." You said turning to Marshall who didn't look to happy from what you could gather.

"What's the matter, Marshall?" You asked him but instead of answering you he shoved right past you and ran into your house without saying a word.

"What happened?" You said shocked.

"Man, he lost a battle." Proof informed.

"At the olympics?" You gasped not believing Marshall had lost for one minute.

"Yeah, brother taking it hard." He sighed.

You frowned following Marshall back into the house hoping he wasn't moping to bad.

"Honey, your little friend seems to be upset." Aunt Gogo said already making the kitchen smell of really delicious greens.

"I know I'm handling it." You said looking around the house to see where he had gone.

You finally reached your room and saw him in there flat faced on the bed.

"Marshall, I heard what happened." You said shutting the door and sitting next to him.

"Leave me the f*** alone." He moaned.

"Marshall, this is my house and my room, if anyone should be telling anyone to go away it would be me." You replied.

He rose up giving you a evil looking glare before sighing heavily.

"Yo, I'm sorry I'm just messed up..I'm done with rap man, screw it." He said.

"Marshall so what you lost one battle..You know your a awesome rapper." You said giving him a little hug of encouragement.

"Then why'd i lose huh?" He angrily said getting off the bed and hustling out the door.

"Marshall!" You yelled going after him.

He went down to the basement where you guys mostly lounged and goofed around and plopped down face first on that couch as well.

"Marshall..it's Okay really, you can come back from this because your a great rapper now would you please get up and enjoy the party?" You begged.

He raised his head up to look at you before nodding a little.

"I am hungry." He admitted causing you to laugh.

"Let's go eat then.." You smiled about to walk away before he pulled you into a hug and missed you on the cheek.

"Thank you." He said smiling a bit.

"No problem." You blushed .

The two of you left the room and went outside to smell all the good food and you both went and grabbed some plates you stacked corn, ribs, greens and potato salad on yours while Marshall tried a bit of everything.

You joined proof who was sitting on the hood of a red Cadillac eating while bobbing his head to what was blasting from the car radio.

"Love and happiness.." You sang while laughing at a guy dancing.

"But wait a minute,
Something's going wrong
Someone's on the phone
Three o'clock in the morning." Proof sang.

You and Marshall laughed before you chimed in.

"Talkin' about how she can make it right, yeah
Well, happiness is when, you really feel good with somebody
But nothing wrong with being in love with someone, yeah." You sang causing everyone to laugh and cheer.

"Oh, baby, love and happiness
Love and happiness,
Love and happiness, oh oh." Marshall chimed while grabbing into you smiling and laughing almost choking on his food.

"Uh uh, I worked to hard in the kitchen for you to be choking on my food." Aunt Gogo said.

"Sorry Aunt Gogo." Marshall apologized still laughing a bit.

"Yo Marshall I see you doing better." Proof said looking between the two of you.

"Yeah man, y/n helped me out." He said wrapping his arms around you in a warm hug.

"Aight, we see you girl!!" One of the girls from down the street yelled.

You couldn't help but smile knowing the summer of 97 would never be forgotten.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hey guys so I've never been to a block party but I heard they use to be so much fun down in Detroit. I really wish I coulda went to one. Now they're not as popular...anyway hope u liked, I'm at the doctor's typing this so I apologize for any errors..I wanted to give y all a flashback to the 90s and how I think it was back then.