Cake for one

You sat at the table counting the sprinkles on your birthday cake as you tried to keep the tears from dripping onto the cake it took you 3 hours to make.

It was a vanilla cake with white frosting and sprinkles, nothing to special because you were never that into over the top anything.

Simplicity was your lifestyle.

And maybe that's why you currently sat at the table all by yourself on your 13th birthday party, in the dark with the only light being from the one little candle you had stuck in the middle of the cake.

"Happy Birthday to me.."

"Happy Birthday Dear Y/N, happy birthday to me.." You sang while you closed your eyes and blew out your one candle that eventually caused the entire room to go black.

Leaving you in complete darkness with a cake that was coated with salty tears and regret.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

20 years later

"Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday to me, Happy Birthday Dear Y/N, Happy birthday to me.." You sang all by yourself once again, only this time instead of a cake you decided a glass of wine would be more fitting.

"I can't believe my stupid jerk of a husband wants to divorce me." You said bitterly to yourself as you stared at the divorce papers in front of you.

Your long time husband of 7  years decided to call it quits once he decided a new more perkier girl would be better.

He had grown up in Detroit with you, and knew what being poor was like, so he had helped you succeed in your career and eventually became your manager as well.

You were a famous singer who sold tons of records and your songs were constantly playing on the radio.

You had just about everything your hearts desired except your lying backstabbing husband that you no longer wanted anyway.

A sudden knock shook you out of your depressing thoughts as you slowly went to answer it not expecting anybody to even show up for your birthday because this time you had actually told them not to come.

You weren't in the party mood.

You opened the door and your bad mood suddenly shifted into one of confusion as you saw a white guy standing at your door with a beard.

"Y/N?" He asked.

"Sorry I didn't call for a plumber." You said about to close the door in this mans face but his foot suddenly shot out before the door closed.

"Wait, it's me Marshall!" He said as you opened the door and squinted.

"Huh, the only Marshall I know is a famous rapper who chose his stage name to be a candy." You said bemused.

Marshall stared at you once again before answering "That would be me." He said slightly annoyed.

You looked at the man real good and then your jaw dropped open in complete shock.

"OMG IT IS YOU!!" You beamed instantly embracing the man in a hug.

"Happy Birthday..." He said hugging back.

You let go of the man and instantly grabbed his face rubbing your hand back and forth through his new beard in fascination.

"Thanks, But when did this happen!?" You asked tugging his beard a bit to see if it was real.