In this town

"So tell me again why we're out here?" You asked swinging back and forth on and old squeaky swing that really needed oil.

"To escape." He said sitting on the swing next to you.

"Stardom?" You asked.

"Yup, feels good to be back here again, always keeps me level headed..it's a constant reminder of where I once was..and all the people i've met in between." He explained.

 Waking up to kiss you and nobody's there
The smell of your perfume still stuck in the air
It's hard
Yesterday I thought I saw your shadow running 'round
It's funny how things never change in this old town
So far
From the stars  

"Let's walk." You said suddenly getting off the swing and walking towards the side walk.

You guys were on Gratiot in Detroit  (Pic above)^

He followed but made sure to hold your hand in the process which you thought was absolutely adorable. He was so protective and cared deeply about your well being. But you were a big girl and knew how the streets operated. You weren't scared of anyone or anything which is probably why you had so many people looking out for you.

You were well liked in the streets of Detroit.

 And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground
Wish I was there with you now  

You guys walked in silence as you hummed a little to yourself enjoying the peaceful silence of the night. This neighborhood was mostly abandoned and the few folks that did live here had already shut and locked their doors trying to get sleep before the rude awakening of getting up in the morning to send themselves to work awoke them bitterly.

"Wanna know a secret?" Marshall asked suddenly catching your attention.

"Hm?" You smiled playfully. "Don't tell me your name really isn't Marshall." You joked.

'Cause if the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you
Mmmmm

You saw his expression had turned serious and you instantly changed from playfulness to pure curiosity.

"What?" You asked serious.

 I saw that you moved on with someone new
In the pub that we met he's got his arms around you
It's so hard
So hard  

"When I first met you I had a serious crush on you." He said feeling embarrassed.

You instantly stopped walking which caused him to turn and release your hand since he wasn't expecting you to stop.

"...." You couldn't believe what he had said.

 And I want to tell you everything
The words I never got to say the first time around
And I remember everything
From when we were the children playing in this fairground
Wish I was there with you now

"Your surprised?" He asked finding your look funny.

You couldn't breathe and everything around you just seemed to disappear as you tried to convince yourself that this was real and hopefully you weren't just hearing things.

'Cause if the whole world was watching I'd still dance with you
Drive highways and byways to be there with you
Over and over the only truth
Everything comes back to you