Forty Five

*** Our boy and his Dom have come a LONG way during the past 45 chapters and at times the ground was shaky but they held on.  So, without further ado, the CUFFS chapters :)

I wasn't late, I didn't think, but Greg walked in before I was kneeling in position.  I dropped immediately but he just clicked his tongue at me.  "Up, sorry Pet.  Not your fault, I'm anxious.  Put your shirt back on please."

Um, okay?  He'd seemed fine last night but he was NOT right now.  I slipped my shirt on but wasn't sure where to go from there.

"Let's take a walk."

"Yes Sir."

I followed him down the hallway and slipped into my shoes.  He was upset by something but I had no idea what it was.  It wasn't me, that I knew, but something had happened.  I wanted to ask but I was smart enough to keep my mouth shut.  He led me across the street to his normal walking path and I fell into step just behind him.  And then, surprise of all surprises, he took my hand.  "I'm not angry with you."

"I know Sir, but thank you for saying that."

"You doubt yourself so much with me and I worry sometimes that it's my fault.  I don't think it actually is, I think it's your personality but still it's something that I as your Dom need to help fix or at the very least address and I'm simply not good at that sort of empathy."

I wasn't sure if I should answer.  Did he need reassurance or was he simply trying to give me some?  I didn't say anything and he dropped my hand.  Maybe I'd chosen wrong.  But then he was digging in his pockets and he had... note cards?  This wasn't a first date.

"You get me very flustered.  I'm not used to talking to subs so much or well, anyone really.  But there are things I want to say before we get back to the house and I thought a walk might be best.  You may speak freely, Pet."

Oh, a talk. As in capital T-A-L-K.  Shit.  "Yes Sir."  No, why was I doing that to myself?  It wasn't necessarily bad and he wasn't mad at me.  It would be fine.  I tried to relax my shoulders because even if it wasn't a GOOD conversation, me being upset before it even began wasn't going to help.

"Oh, before I start, I wanted to tell you that Kevin called me to compliment your behavior.  He said you were very helpful Sunday and I should be proud of you, that you were polite and helpful.  So thank you, Pet, for being so well behaved around my friend.  I appreciate it and it reflects well on me."

It would have been so easy to raise my hackles because honestly, it sounded like they were talking about a dog or a child who hadn't chewed on the furniture or peed in the living room.  But Kevin had called to put in a good word for me and Greg was appreciative.  It was a compliment.  "You're welcome."

"Okay, I'd like to discuss your cuffs."  He flipped over the card and quickly scanned it before continuing.  "I don't like being turned down, Pet.  You had every right to do it but that doesn't mean I had to like it.  Your refusal confused me because you'd expressed an interest and I felt I was being punished by my inability to meet one of your needs.  I have tried to understand it and I believe I've been successful to an extent although it was not the way I would have acted."

"I--"

"Please let me finish.  You're right though, that I won't be able to fulfill all your needs.  There are going to be other times that I will not be your first choice when you need something.  There will be times that I am and I am unable to help.  However, Pet, I think I can fulfill enough.  No one person could possibly be expected to handle all of the hundreds of facets of your personality.  That's why we have friends and family, is it not?"

Okay, he had a point there.  Lots of points.   I was struggling to comprehend everything he was throwing out at me.  "Yes."

"I had every intention of offering them to you again but I did not want to set myself up for another disappointment.  I needed to be sure of your answer but the fact is that I'm never sure of anything with you except for the way your body reacts to mine.  Your heart and head?  Those are unknown entities.  And then, last Saturday, you followed me out of the club and got into the car with me.  You were scared, weren't you?"

I felt bad for it now but I had to tell the truth.  "Yes Sir, I was.  I'm sorry."

"We've been over this, there was nothing wrong with your actions.  I knew you were upset by what had happened and I wanted to offer some reassurance but I was not... I was not able.  However, it didn't even cross my mind that you thought I would be angry with you until the next morning when you asked for forgiveness.  I have not forgotten our beginning scenes when me being angry would cause all sorts of problems.  We had to edit our contract because of your fear of me, your mistrust.  We stopped play more than once because of it.  But Saturday, when you had more reason to doubt me than any other day, you came with me.  You trusted me.  And that Pet, made me realize that I needed to trust you a little bit too."

We were back home, somehow and he unlocked the door and we kicked off our shoes.  He crooked his finger and I followed him down the hallway and into his office.  He was going to offer them to me and this time I was going to say yes.  I rubbed at my wrist, glad that they weren't going to be bare for much longer.