Chapter Six

Alex's POV

We didn't win the World Cup and it was hard moving forward. I felt like I let the team down, I felt like I let my country down. I knew it was the wrong decision to have Pia start me when it could have been a more experienced forward. But she handed the baton to me, and I wasn't ready.

I let out a sigh as I pulled my luggage with me and headed down to the lobby. We were given a break until we started training for the London Olympics. Like I said, moving forward was hard but we had other goals now. We had other gold medals to look forward too and work for.

I climbed into the cab that pulled up in front of the hotel and Tobin slid in next to me. She offered to come with me to the airport because I was heading back to Diamond Bar to be with my mom and my sisters.

When we got to the airport, Tobin walked with me to my gate and we sat down and waited for my flight to be called.

I looked over at Tobin and smiled.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with to California? You can meet my family, I'm sure they would love to meet you. Besides, I would hate for you to stay at the hotel by yourself."

"I'm fine Alex, you don't have to worry about me. Plus, next week I'll be with Lauren in Indiana. I'll be fine." Tobin says with a smile.

"Well I do have to worry. You're like my best friend." I say. Tobin just smiled back at me until my flight was finally called.

"Well, don't have too much fun. I'll see you in a couple months." Tobin says as she pulls me in for a hug.

"You too. Take care of yourself." I say with a smile as I grab my luggage and head towards the gate.

"Love you!" I say to her before I finally board the plane.

*

When I got back to Diamond Bar I was greeted by my two sisters and my mom who embraced me when I appeared in the door frame.

"I've missed you guys." I say with a small laugh.

"We missed you too. And you played great during the World Cup. It was a close game, don't be down on yourself if you are." Jeni says as she rubs my shoulder before heading into the kitchen.

I finally got settled into my room and looked around the room that I grew up in. I found a couple yearbooks and looked through them. I smiled at the memories that flashed through my mind until I opened up my yearbook from Freshmen year of high school.

I looked through the people in my class and just as I turned the page I could've sworn my heart skipped a beat. I look at a picture of a girl and my eyes widen.

It was Tobin Heath. Then it clicked, that's why I thought her name sounded so familiar when I first met her. I cover my mouth with my hand in absolute shock as I felt tears form in my eyes.

Memories flashed through my mind and it scared me. Everything was coming back to me, and they were nothing but horrible memories.

I was Tobin Heath's bully. I was the one who tripped her in the halls and made fun of her because she wore nothing but black. I was the one who made fun of her black eyes and shoved her into lockers. I was the one who knocked all her books down and kicked them all over the halls. I was the one who called her names that no one should be called. I was the one who ruined her completely in freshmen year high school.

Tears rolled down my cheek and I wiped them away with the back of my hand. I treated her horribly for an entire year and since I joined the national team, she treated me so nicely.

It didn't make sense. How could she not remember me when I treated her like hell?

I laid on my bed and thought about everything. I thought about Tobin and how much I really cared about that girl. But I never cared about her in high school. She was my best friend now, and I treated her so poorly back then.

She lived in Diamond Bar for an entire year and once freshmen year was over I never saw her again. I never bullied her again.

Maybe she doesn't remember me from high school. Mayen she doesn't recognize my name. But how does she not remember Diamond Bar? Maybe she forgot. Maybe she forgot about everything.

I love this girl, she's my best friend. Tobin Heath is my best friend and I wanted to keep it that way. I can't tell her. I can't remind her of the person I used to be. I can't remind her that I was the one who made her life a living hell.

I came to a conclusion. I'm simply not going to tell her.

***

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I've written many stories before on Wattpad and I apologize in advance because this story hasn't been as good, unlike my last couple stories. I can guarantee you nothing but drama and cliffhangers! Just let me get in my groove!

If you guys have any ideas for this story that you want to see in this book, let me know!