Chapter Fourteen

Alex's POV

I gave Kelley one last hug before she left in her rental car. I let out a sigh as I thought about everything that Kelley told me. For a squirrel, she was wise and she actually had some good things to say. I was thankful that I got the chance to talk with her.

Either way, nothing will change my mind. I'm going to be with Servando and as much as it sucks, and as much as I want to be with Tobin. I've settled on a decision and it was Servando.

I walk into the condo and I was kinda surprised when I realized how quiet it was.

"Tobin?" I say, loud enough for her to hear. But there was no response.

I walk into her room and find it empty, I look in my room and the bathroom and it was empty. I even checked the closet and it was empty. A wave of panic went through my body as I reached for my phone and called Tobin. She didn't answer.

I paced around the kitchen thinking about where she could possibly be. I was getting worried by the minuet thinking that she left. But her stuff was still here, there's no way she could have left.

Finally, I grab my keys and hop into my car. Then, I started driving around Portland. All the while I kept on thinking about if she was okay or not. If she was safe or not.

I looked at every restaurant, every store even Providence Park but I still had no luck. I called her phone hundreds of times but she never answered.

Tears started to form in my eyes as I slammed the wheel of my car. Where is she?

Then, a thought came across my mind. I looked up at the sky and it was a dark shade of blue. She was watching the sunset and it was almost done setting.

I quickly drove to the river that was a few blocks from our condo. We come here once in a while to watch the sunset together. Why didn't I think of going here first? I cursed to myself as I parked my car and ran out. I looked around and found no signs of Tobin.

I looked at almost every single bench that was around the area but still, she was no where to be found. I was just about to give up and call the cops until I saw something laying on the ground. It was a figure, it was a person.

Curiously, I walked over to it and when I saw the familiar Nike sweatshirt that belongs to me, I knew that it was Tobin.

"Tobin?" I say. I kneel down next to her and help her sit up and when I see her face, my eyes widen.

Her face was red and covered with blood. Her right eye was completely swollen and bruised. My eyes widen once again when a thought goes through my mind.

Flashback to freshmen year high school

"Look at her." One of my friends says as she points to a girl walking down the hall. That girl was Tobin Heath. The ugliest and worthless piece of shit this school has ever had.

"Do something, Alex." My friend says with a smirk on her face. I let out a laugh as I hand her my books and walk up to Tobin. She wore nothing but black, the hood of her jacket was up so her face was hidden.

I stepped in front of her, stopping her dead in her tracks and she finally looked up at me. Her right eye was bruised and swollen. Her face was so sunk in as if she hasn't eaten in days. It was almost as if she was malnourished.

"Why don't you brighten up a bit?" I say to Tobin as I shove her against a locker. I knock her books out of her hands and kick them down the hall. I looked around a small crowd started to form and they all chanted for me to start a fight.

I looked at Tobin and she had a terrified look on her face as I brought my fist up in the air.

End of flashback

A tear escaped my eye as I held her in my arms.

"Tobin, what happened?" I ask as I carefully move her hair away from her face. She mumbled something that I couldn't understand.

"I'm going to get you some help, okay? Just hang on." I say as I grab her hand and squeeze it. I grab my phone and right as I dialed, my phone died.

"Shit!" I say as i shove my phone into my pocket.

I looked at Tobin and I noticed that she was clutching her stomach.

"Does it hurt there?" I ask. Again, Tobin said something and I couldn't understand what she said. Then, I slowly lift up her shirt and my eyes widen as I bring my hand up to my mouth. Her entire stomach was filled with blood and bruises.

"Tobin, who the hell did this to you?" I ask, tears rolling down my eyes. I wipe them away with the back of my hand. I yelled for help, hoping that someone was nearby to help us, but no one came. She soon started to cough out blood and tears rolled down my cheek.

"Okay, this is going to hurt but you need help." I say as tears run down my cheeks. I pick her up bridal style and she screams in pain and it kills me seeing her like this.

I did this to her before, I was the reason behind her bruises and this time, I had no idea who was behind all of this.

I run to my car and lay her into the back seat and I quickly drive to the hospital. When I get there, I carry her into the emergency room where doctors placed her on a gurney and took her to a trauma room.

I watched as they worked on her and every now and then she would scream in pain. I covered my mouth with my hands as tears continued rolling down my cheek. She was like this when I beat her up. Tobin was in this much pain when I continued hurting her.

I sat in the waiting room for hours. And by the time it was already morning a doctor approached me. "Are you the girl that brought Tobin Heath in?" He asks and I nod my head yes.

"Is she okay?" I ask as I stand up.

"She is. She suffered two broken ribs and a minor concussion. Whatever happened it hurt her real bad. We had to take her in for some scannings just to make sure we got everything. She'll be fine."

"Can I see her?" I ask. The doctor nods and I follow him into Tobin's room. When we get to her room, I find Tobin fast asleep. Her head was bandaged up but she still managed to look beautiful.

The doctor left us alone and closed the door behind me. I walked over to the side of her bed and i grabbed her hand and gently squeezed it.

I pulled a chair next to her bed and sat in it. Tears formed in my eyes as I slowly began to stroke her hair. Then, her eyes fluttered open.

"Alex..."

***

So about the quarterfinals, it was definitely hard to watch and I'm absolutely heart broken. This team deserves the world and they deserve gold medals and so many other victories but we can't win them all... I can't imagine what Press must feel like missing that PK but creds to her for giving it her all, same with Hope. Keep this behind us and let's get ready to defend our World Cup title in 2019!!!

I've gotten multiple requests/messages on writing a gymnastics fanfiction... Would you guys read it?