Chapter Seven

2012
Alex's POV

The break we had went by way to fast but I was excited to head back to camp and see the team again. I was excited to see Tobin but then I remembered. I'm not telling her anything. Nothing at all.

I looked out the window of the plane and thought about Tobin. She was such a great person and such a fun person to be around. I still couldn't believe that I treated a loving, caring girl like crap.

Then I thought about Serv. Tobin was honestly better than him and Serv is my boyfriend so that says a lot. She is caring, she makes me smile, she makes me laugh. I love her, Tobin is like a perfect human being with no flaws.

I found myself thinking about her chocolate brown eyes. I love brown eyes, I loved Serv's eyes. But I've never been more in love with a pair of eyes since I met Tobin. They were so warm, they were so friendly.

I shook the thoughts away. What was I thinking? I have Serv, he's a great guy. I love him, he recently gave me a promise ring. Promising that one day we'll marry each other. And I believed that. Tobin is my friend, nothing more nothing less.

My plane finally landed and I grabbed my luggages from the baggage claim and I exited the terminal.

I looked around for a taxi but I didn't find any, not until a car pulled up in front of me and Tobin got out of the car. We locked eyes and ever since I saw her picture in that yearbook, I see her differently but I wish I didn't. She seemed more vulnerable, not until she smiled that big smile of hers.

She walked over to me and I opened my arms and wrapped her into a tight hug. I didn't want to let her go. I wanted to hold her and tell her how sorry I was for what I did to her back in high school. I couldn't tell her, I just couldn't. I couldn't hurt this girl again.

"I've missed you Alex." Tobin says with a smile.

"I missed you too, but hey, we're back together now." I say as I wrap an arm around her shoulder. She smiles up at me and helps me place my luggages into the trunk.

On our way back to the hotel, we made small talk. Talking about our break and how much we enjoyed it. It was right then and there I wanted to tell her everything. I wanted to tell her I bullied her, I wanted to tell her that I was the one who hurt her. I didn't want to keep this a secret from her, I didn't want her to hate me.

I let out a sigh as Tobin parked the car in front of the hotel and together, we walked in.

I was a little upset when I found out that we weren't roommates this time, but I was also somewhat relieved. I hated feeling that way but I couldn't hurt such a bright girl. I couldn't hurt her again, not like last time.

When I went up to my room I saw Kelley, my new roommate, laying in bed with a laptop on her lap.

"Babyhorse... It's so good to see you!" Kelley says as she jumps up and wraps me into a hug. I pulled away with a smile.

"Squirrel." I say with a laugh as I ruffle her hair.

"So, anything new? New boyfriend?" Kelley asks as I sit on the bed next to hers.

"Nothing's changed, and I'm still with Serv, Kels."

"Of all people, why date him? He's a cheap guy, I'm pretty sure I can do better." Kelley says with a laugh.

"Well, when he opens up to you, he's a great guy. He's not what you think." I say with a smile.

*

Late that night, we got ready for bed. I have to admit, I missed having Tobin as a roommate. She was... Awesome. But when I think of her I feel guilty, I feel all these emotions and I wish I didn't open up that yearbook.

Once the lights were out, I kept on tossing and turning. I couldn't sleep. All I thought about was Tobin. I just kept on thinking about her.

"Alex? Are you okay?" Kelley whispers. I look over and I watch as she turns on the light and rubs her eyes. "I can hear you moving."

"Just can't sleep." I say as I sit up.

"Is something on your mind? Is something bothering you?" Kelley asks as she crawls out of bed and sits on the other side of my bed.

I hesitated. Should I tell her?

***

This story will consist of Preath, Kellex and of course; Talex.

What the hell, I'm pretty sure Preath is real but team Talex all the wayyyy.