Chapter Forty One

Alex's POV

I looked down at the water. This is what I want, I know I'll be happy and pain free afterwards.

Then I heard my name being called. I turned my head and saw Jeri and Kelley running over to me. By now a small crowd of people surrounded me and it gave me more anxiety.

"Alex, you don't have to do this." Jeri says as she stands only a few feet away from me.

"No, I have to. It's the only way." I say back, avoiding eye contact.

"Alex, this won't fix your problems. I promise we can fix this together. Just you and me, okay? Just you and me." Kelley says on the other side of me.

"Back away, Kelley. Just stay away!" I say back but she doesn't move.

"I promise you'll get through this, you won't be in pain for the rest of your life and I can promise you that. You'll be okay, Alex. I know you will be." Jeri says.

"No! This won't ever end!" I yell back at her.

"It will Alex, I promise it will. Things take time. People walk in and out of your life every day, but I'm here and I'm not walking away, ever. You don't have to go through this alone, you don't have to do this Alex. There's other ways to fix this and I'm telling you now, jumping off this bridge won't solve anything." Kelley says as she looks me in the eyes and I instantly look away.

"I can't ever be happy." I say with a tear rolling down my cheek as I look back down at the water below me. It would be at least at 245 feet when I jump.

"Yes you can and you will be." Kelley says back.

"Alex, look at me." Jeri says. But, I don't move. I stared down at the water knowing it would be a long fall down but in the end it would be worth it.

"Alex, just look at me." Jeri says. Finally I turn my head and look at her. She had tears rolling down her cheeks too.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me right now that you want to die. Look me in the eyes and tell me how much you hate your life to the point where you want to leave the people who love you. Look me in the eyes and tell me that there's no reason to live and that people don't love you. Tell me." Jeri says as she wipes her tears with the back of her hand.

"I... I can't." I say as I look away from her.

"That's because you don't want to die. That's because you love us. You love Kelley and I. You love mom and dad and Jeni. There's every reason to live. There's still so much to do, so much to live for and you'll miss that if you're dead. You'll miss out on life and all the adventures it has to offer." Jeri says with tears streaming down her eyes.

"Listen to her." Kelley says with tears also filling her eyes. "I promise we'll figure this out. You'll be okay because I'm here and I love you. You're... you're my best friend Alex and I can't live without you." Kelley says with her head down.

I took a deep breath as I looked down at the water but I soon looked away as I gripped the railing tightly.

"You jump I jump, remember?" Jeri says.

I took another deep breath as I slowly started to turn myself around. Kelley looked at me and slowly walked over to me.

As I lifted my leg over the bridge I slipped and Kelley quickly grabbed my hand.

"I got you!" Kelley says as she tightly grips my hand. "I promise I won't let go."

"Kelley, help me!" I scream up at her. I felt my hand begin to slip from hers and I looked down at the water.

I still had a life to live.

With all her strength, Kelley pulled me up and I landed in her arms. She wrapped me into a tight hug and cried into my shoulder.

She pulled away and laid her forehead against mine.

"Don't ever do that again, you hear me?" She says as she pulls me into another tight hug. I pulled away and looked at Jeri and I jumped right into her arms.

"I'm so sorry." I say crying into her arms.

"Don't be."

***

I'm trying to interact with you guys sooo what state do you guys live in? I live in New Jersey so yes I'm a Jersey girl!