Chapter Fifty

Alex's POV

I sat in my room with the door locked like many times before. All I wanted was to be alone but more than anything, I wish my parents and Jeni were here.

I think about them all the time and I still can't believe that they're gone. I still can't believe that I won't be able to see them again.

This is all so real but I wish it wasn't. I wish my dad was still here so that one day he can walk me down the aisle on my wedding day.

I wish my mom was still here so that one day I could go to Diamond Bar and walk into the house with the smell of delicious cookies.

I wish my sister Jeni was still here so I could have someone to push me to be the best. So I could still have someone who supports me and tells me right from wrong.

I just wish they were all still here, I still can't believe that they're gone. Gone from this world, this earth. Gone.

I heard a knock on my door but I didn't make any effort to move. I just felt so dead inside and all I wanted was to be alone.

"Alex? It's me, Tobin." I hear her say from the other side of the door. But, I ignored her.

"I'm coming in, okay?" She says. I hear the door knob click which meant she used a key. The door slowly opened and Tobin appeared in the door frame.

"Hey, do you need anything?" Tobin asks as she sits on the bed next to me. I shake my head no and turn my back towards her.

"Do you want to talk?" She asks but again, I shake my head no.

"I just want to be alone, okay?" I say as I bring my knees to my chest.

"I understand." Tobin says. She squeezed my shoulder and starts to get up and leave.

"I just can't believe they're actually gone." I whisper. Tobin sits back down and makes me face her.

"I know it's hard." Tobin says as she runs circles across my back with her hand.

"Why? Why did they have to go? Why was it them? Why did they have to be in that car wreck?"

"I don't know... I wish I knew but I don't."

"If I called them more things would be better. If I just gave them each a call. I should have known better. I should have been a better a sister and daughter." I say with tears rolling down my cheek.

"No, don't say that. Don't blame this on yourself, you had no way of knowing that they would be in this car wreck. And you know that. You're a beautiful strong girl and I know that they all love you just as much as I do."

"Why couldn't the doctors save them? Why? Why is this happening to me!"

"Alex, calm down. I want to give you the answers, I want to fix your pain but I don't know. I want to help you but I don't know how... tell me what you need." Tobin says as she wraps her arms around me.

"I want them here."

"Alex..."

"It's impossible I know! I just... can't believe any of this."

Then it went silent. I knew that Tobin didn't know what to say. I know that she was just trying to help but she couldn't do anything.

"Just leave me alone... please." I say as I look away from her.

Tobin just nods as she leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

*

Tobin's POV

It broke my heart seeing Alex in so much pain and I felt useless knowing that I couldn't do anything. I walked downstairs in their kitchen and saw Kelley sitting at the kitchen table.

"How is she?" Kelley asks me.

"Alright I guess... she's in denial."

"Yeah, same with Jeri. I can't imagine what they're going through." Kelley says with a sigh. "Y'know, I'm proud of you."

"Me?" I ask.

"Yeah. You fought for her and you never gave up on her. Tobin, you're the one person that can make her happy."

"I know."

"Then do things right this time. Don't screw up like before." Kelley says with a serious expression on her face.

"I won't."

"Promise me that okay? Just make her happy in ways that I can't."

"I promise." I say with a small smile on her face.

"She needs you now more than ever and you have to be there for her. Do you understand? You have to be there for her." Kelley says with tears in her eyes.

"I will, Kelley. I promise I will."

"I've done all I can, I've given her things that she wants I tried helping her but you're the one she needs."

"Do you think she means it when she says she loves me?" I ask.

"She does. She loves you, Tobin and even when she hated you that girl still loved you. She never stopped."

I just nodded as I looked out the window.

All this time, Alex Morgan loved me. It was my turn to love her back.

***

CHAPTER 50 WHAT A MILESTONE
Shoutout to y'all for sticking with Alex and Tobin all this time (: what a journey right?

50 chapters to go!!!