Chapter Fifteen

Alex's POV

"Tobin, thank god you're okay. I was so worried." I say. Tobin gives me a weary smile. "What happened to you?"

"Someone beat me."

"Do you know who?" I ask, gently stroking her hair.

She shakes her head no and closes her eyes once again.

"Do you need me to call someone, any family?" I ask and she shakes her head no.

"You're my family, Alex." She whispers.

My heart melted at her words. All she wants is to be with me and all she needs is me alone. I'm that important to her.

"I love you, and I'm so sorry that I wasn't here when this happened." I say.

"Don't be sorry, you have nothing to be sorry about." Tobin says with a small smile.

Then it got quiet. I wanted to be with her, but was I really stopping myself from being with Tobin? I was not going to waste my time being with someone I didn't love and adore. I wasn't going to be with Servando who doesn't treat me with any love or respect.

I was going to be with Tobin because she loves me and she adores me. I looked at Tobin who was looking out the window. She was beautiful and I was going to be with her.

"Tobin."

She looks over at me and gives me a small smile.

"Is it too late to call you mine? Because I want you." I whisper.

Tobin's eyes were almost sparkling. A smile formed across her face and it made me so happy and so relieved.

"Never too late." She says back. I smile at her as I press my lips against hers and I didn't want to pull back.

"I want to be with you Tobin, no one else. I'm not going to waste my time and be with someone I do not love. Instead, I want to spend everyday loving you. I want to be with you and take care for you. I want you Tobin. So I choose you."

Tobin never lost the smile on her face. She pressed her hand against my cheek and smiled at me.

"I told you I would wait." Tobin whispers before she kisses me once again.

I smiled at her, until there was a knock on the door. A doctor walked in and handed Tobin discharge papers and with that, we finally left.

I brought Tobin back to our condo and helped her into her room where she was going to spend the day resting.

"Do you need anything?" I ask as I adjust her pillows.

"I need you." She says with a smile. I let out a small laugh as I slowly climb into the bed next to her. I tilted her head so she's facing me and press my lips against hers. 

She kissed me back and when I pulled away she smiled.

"Can you help me take this off?" Tobin asks as she tugs on her sweatshirt. I nod my head as I slowly lift she sweatshirt over her head.

She only had a bra on and everything below her bra was bandaged up.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Now I am." She says. I smiled at her as she kisses me once again. This time, her hands wandered up my shirt and I pulled away and smiled at her as I took my shirt off and tossed it aside. I removed my jeans just to satisfy her even more.

"You're so beautiful." Tobin says as she traces my abdomen.

"So are you." I say back. We stared at each other for hours and I held her in my arms as she laid her head against my chest.

It was all so peaceful, it felt like nothing was in my way. It was just Tobin and I and that's exactly what I wanted.

As Tobin fell asleep, even though it was only nine in the morning, I thought about everything and how I had to tell Servando.

Being with Tobin brought me so much happiness and I was ready to commit to her and I want to build a future with her.

She's everything I've always wanted in life and now that I have her, I couldn't be happier.

***

They're finally together!!!