Chapter Twenty Three

Alex's POV

It's been almost two weeks since Tobin left for Paris. I'll be honest, I missed her and I continue to wait for her just hoping that she would return.

But, I knew that she wasn't coming back and it was my fault. Moving on was honestly difficult because I was way too attached to Tobin. She was perfect. That's when Kelley comes into the picture.

She's always been there for me and she certainly does care about me just as much as I care about her. Although I miss Tobin, I knew I had to move on and move forward with my life.

Besides, Kelley was great. She makes me smile and she make me happy and to me, that's what matters.

We both agreed to take things slow. Like I said, Tobin was going to be hard to replace but when I'm with Kelley, I'm only focused on her. And maybe, we'll last for a long time.

I look over at Kelley who was focused on the road ahead of her. We were driving to a beach to spend time together before she has to return to her club team.

I was disappointed that she has to leave but it was her job as it is mine so in some ways, I was fine with it.

I look away from the window and stare at Kelley and as she catches me staring a smile forms on her face.

I reached over for her hand and lock our hands together and we drove in a comfortable silence that was rather refreshing.

After a couple more minuets, we arrived at the beach and got out of the car with our stuff.

Together hand in hand we walked towards the beach and found an empty spot where we set our stuff down.

Fortunately, the beach was nearly empty. Not that many people were here.

We laid down on our towels for a little before I propped myself up on my elbow and looked down at Kelley's freckled face.

"Why'd you come so soon when I called you?" I ask.

"You know I'd do anything for you. And I had know idea if it was an absolute emergency but either way, I came because I care. And that won't change." Kelley replies.

"You know I love you right?" I say as I lay back down and snuggle into her side.

"I do now." Kelley says with a small laugh.

"Ten years from now where do you see yourself?" I ask, curious to hear her response.

"Honestly, I see myself being with you. Being happy and doing whatever we want. I see us having the time of our lives together. But things can change."

"Kelley, I want to be with you and I don't want that to change. Even if this doesn't work out, I still need you as my best friend. Can you promise me that?" I ask as I give her a small smile.

"Absolutely." Kelley says with a smile.

"Well come on, we're at the beach." I say as I stand up and pull Kelley up with me. "No ones here. This is our beach." I say.

Together, we run into the water and I jump at the sudden coldness and look at Kelley who wasn't in the water yet.

"Is it cold?" She asks.

I let out a small laugh. "No it's not, c'mon!" I say as I walk towards her as she takes a step back.

"It is cold!" Kelley says. I let out another laugh as I run towards her and chase her around before finally tackling her to the ground.

She turns around to face me and catches her breath before looking me in the eyes.

"I love you." She says as the tucks a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I love you too."

***

Okay, I'm sorry if I "disappoint" you in this story but this is my story and I can do absolutely whatever I want with it. Hell, I can even make this story all about Kelley and Alex if I really wanted to. I can even make a repeat of my last Talex story, "My Best Friends Promise" in which Alex dies.

But as planned this will be a Talex story so please don't hate :')