Chapter Twenty Two

Tobin's POV

I exited the airport and breathed in the fresh air. It was almost refreshing. I was here in Paris about to get another chance at life. Another opportunity to get things right.

I got a cab and told them to drive me to the hotel that PSG was staying in.

I looked out the window of the car and stared outside. It was a beautiful night and definitely a beautiful sight.

When we got to the hotel, I grabbed my luggage and walked inside. The lobby was empty so I pulled out my phone and checked the time.

It was nine at night, everyone was either in their rooms or doing something else.

"Puis-je vous aider? I hear someone say.

I look up and I was face to face with a girl I didn't know. But, she was pretty.

"Uh, I'm sorry I don't understand." I say, not knowing how to respond.

"Sorry, you the American?" She asks with an accent and I breathe a sigh of relief that she can speak English.

I nod my head yes in response.

"New to France?" She asks and again I nod my head yes.

"Laure Boulleau." She says. She extends her hand out and I shake it. "We are roommates." She says with a smile.

I smile back at her and follow her to our room. She helped me unpack my stuff and introduced me to the rest of the team.

I was relieved when I heard that there was another American on the team, Lindsey Horan.

"So why'd you sign with us?" Laure asks me.

"I just wanted a fresh start. Try something new I guess." I say as I shrug my shoulders.

Then I thought about Alex and everything that I left behind. Then I thought about Lauren and Amy and I how I just left them.

"Can you give me a sec? I have a call to make." I say. She nods and I walk away from her as I pull my phone out.

I go somewhere private and call Lauren who answered on the second ring.

"Hey Tobs!" She says enthusiastically.

"Lauren, what the hell did I just do?" I say.

*
Alex's POV

I woke up after an extremely long day yesterday. As I slowly move out of bed I hear someone move.

I looked over to my right side and saw Kelley fast asleep. As I studied her features I realized how beautiful she actually was.

I stared at her for a few more minuets before standing up and walking to the kitchen.

I made myself some coffee and went outside onto the balcony that had a view of the city of Portland.

I thought about Tobin and for some reason Allie crossed my mind. I felt like she was the reason why Tobin and I broke up. She wanted to be with me. But there's no way I'm ending up with a girl like her.

I let out a sigh and suddenly felt someone wrap their arms around my waist.

I turned my head and saw Kelley with a small smile on her face.

I smiled back at her and I turned around and followed her into the kitchen for breakfast.

"So, what are we?" Kelley asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "We can be anything."

"Are you sure?" Kelley asks.

I let out a small laugh. "I love you Kels, we can be together."

Kelley lets out a sigh of relief which for some reason, made me laugh and I haven't laughed in a while.

"You know I would never hurt you." Kelley says softly.

"I know." I say, reaching for her hand.

"You know I'll never leave you. And if this doesn't work out I'll still be by your side. I promise." Kelley says.

"I have to say the same thing." I say with a small laugh.

"I can make you happy, Alex." Kelley says and the way she said it made my heart melt.

Maybe breaking up with Tobin happened for a reason. So I can be with Kelley.

***

Okay chill guys Kelley and Alex is only a temporary thing... If that makes you feel any better.