Chapter Thirty Nine

Kelley's POV

I heard the door bell rang and I went up to go get it. I opened the door and breathed a sigh of relief as I stood face to face with Jeri Morgan.

"I'm so glad you came." I say as she wraps me into a hug.

"Didn't realize how short you are, but I came as soon as you called. Where is she?" Jeri asks as I let her in and grab her luggage from her.

"She's in her room, follow me." I say. We walk up the stairs and before I approach Alex's room I show Jeri the room she would be staying in.

"Before we go in all I have to say is she's violent and incredibly sensitive. She will most likely not talk to you and she hasn't eaten in weeks so don't be surprised to see how skinny she is-"

"It's okay, Kelley. She's my sister. She's been through this before and we both know that."

A tear rolled down my cheek.

"I tried helping her but she won't let me." I say, wiping the tears with the back of my hand.

"We'll figure this out." Jeri says as she squeezes my hand in a reassuring way. I let out a sigh as I open Alex's door.

We find her sitting in the corner and it seems that there were more broken picture frames scattered across the room.

"I'll leave you two alone." I say as I step outside of the room.

*
Jeri's POV

I looked around the room and saw how messy and cluttered it was. Alex would have cleaned everything up the moment she stepped into this room.

I saw her sitting in the corner with beer bottles laying around her. She had bags under her eyes and what Kelley said, she was dangerously skinny.

"Alex? It's me, Jeri." I say as I shove the empty bottles of beer away and sit next to her.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes and I could tell she was trying to fight them back. But soon enough they rolled down her cheeks.

I wrapped my sister into a hug and she hugged me back tightly, as if she didn't want to let go. As if she was to scared to even let go.

"What happened to you?" I ask as I pull away and begin to stroke her hair.

And right when I asked that question she broke down in tears soon followed by violent sobs. She was angry, she was heart broken. Just like last time.

"Shhh, it's going to be okay. You're going to be okay, Alex." I say as I gently rock her in my arms.

It broke my heart seeing my little sister in this position. She was truly broken and she needed me.

When her crying subsided she looked me in the eyes that were no longer the usual electric blue colored eyes.

"Tell me, what happened." I say as I grab her hand and lock our hands together.

"I was going to propose to her." Alex choked out.

"Propose to who?" I ask.

"Tobin." Alex said as if she was out of breath.

"Alex, I'm so sorry. Why didn't you call me right away?"

Alex just looked away from me and basically shoved me off of her. She slowly stood up and walked over to the bathroom.

I stared at her legs that were once nicely toned but they looked like sticks. I stood up and followed her into the bathroom.

"Alex, let me help you. You're pushing everyone away and if you keep doing that no one will be able to help you." I say as I lay my hand on her shoulder but she shrugs it off.

"I don't need help." Alex mumbled. Her voice was a lot raspier than usual. It was weird.

"Yes you do." I say grabbing her hand but this time she pushed me away. "You can't keep doing this to yourself." I say as I walk over to her.

"Get away from me Jeri." She says coldly as I slowly walk over to her.

"I'm not leaving." I say back but Alex just glared back at me. Then she picked up a picture frame and threw it at me but I quickly dodged it.

"Alex, stop!" I say as she held another frame in her hand. She threw it and it fell to the ground in pieces.

Then I took a step towards her and tried grabbing her hand but she pushed me away again.

"I'm your sister, Alex! I'm not going to hurt you! I'm never going to leave you." I say with tears in my own eyes.

She drops the last frame on the ground and looked at me with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Alex..." I wrap her into a hug and she cried uncontrollably.

How badly was her heart broken? And what the hell did she do to deserve this?

***

So, what will happen to Alex? Get ready for the next chapter, you don't want to miss out!

Trust me, this emotional roller coaster is about to begin for it never started...