Chapter Fifty Four

Alex's POV

"We're going to get married." I say as I look at Tobin and pull myself closer to her.

"I honestly can't believe it." Tobin says as I wrap my arms around her bare waist.

"Why do you say that?" I ask as Tobin wraps her arm around me and pulls me even closer to her.

"You know what we've been through since high school. A girl like you somehow ended up with a girl like me. You're Alex Morgan and I'm about to marry you." Tobin says.

I let out a sigh. "You know I think about that all the time. And I regret everything that I've ever done that hurt you."

"That's in the past, Alex. Look at us now. I'm happy, I really am."

"I am too." I say with a smile as I lay my head against her bare chest.

"Can I ask you something? It might sound stupid."

"Anything." Tobin says while playing with my hair.

"What did you think of me in high school?" As I close my eyes and listen to the steady beat of her heart.

"Intimidating but beautiful. You were smart, got good grades, had plenty of friends. You had a bunch of guys drooling over you which to this day makes me wonder why you're into girls." Tobin says with a small laugh.

"I ask myself that too but I don't regret that decision because I'm with you and I'm happy. I'm safe in your arms, and I just love you." I plant a kiss on her lips.

"You know I'll always love you."

"I still remember everything in high school it's always fresh in my mind. Knowing how much pain you were in at that time, knowing that I was the reason behind it. I hate myself for doing that to you and I still do."

"Alex, I'm fine. I really am. And this shouldn't be something that's always on your mind, Alex. You can't live like that."

"I know..."

"Look at me." Tobin says and I look into the pair of brown eyes that I fell in love with.

"No matter what I'm going to love you. Because you were the first person to ever truly care about me and to this day you're still one of the only people that care about me." Tobin says as she gently strokes my cheek.

"Do you ever want kids?" I ask. I was nervous for her response.

"Yeah." She replies. I look up at her and a smile was formed on her face.

"Tobin..." I say as I sit up in bed and look down at her. "I want to raise a family with you, I want to grow old with you. I want forever with you."

"I'm with you every step of the way, Alex."

*

Later during the day, Tobin and I finally had the courage to get out of bed. We eventually told the team about our engagement and their reactions were priceless and absolutely heart warming.

Pinoe offered to take the team out to dinner to celebrate Tobin and I's engagement and it was something special to both Tobin and I.

During dinner, I got up to use the bathroom. I walked up to the sink and splashed my face with water.

"You okay?" I hear someone ask. I turn around and see Kelley standing by the door.

"Yeah." I say with a small smile as she walks over to me.

"I'm happy for you, Alex. I really am."

"Kelley, I don't even know where to begin..."

"Save it for later. Just enjoy yourself, okay? You're finally getting married to the person you love most. And I know, Tobin loves you so much, I can see it. You two were always meant to be together, Alexandra."

A small smile formed on my face at the use of my full name. I wrapped Kelley into a hug as she squeezed me tight.

"I'm so damn proud of you, Alex."

***

4 more chapters left!!!