Chapter Fifty Five

Tobin's POV

In two days I would be marrying Alex. The girl who I wanted to spend the rest of my life loving. I was nervous but I was just so ready to start my life with her.

The entire team went down to Florida where Alex and I were going to get married. We were having the wedding at Alex's beach house and I knew it was going to be perfect.

It was early in the morning and I was unable to sleep. I decided to take a walk around the beach to process what the next two days would hold.

"Surprise to see you here." I hear someone say. I look up and see Jeri sitting on a towel.

"It's early, what are you doing here?" I ask as I sit down next to her.

"I might have to ask you the same thing." Jeri says with a small laugh.

"Couldn't sleep." I say with a small laugh.

"Me too." Jeri says then it went silent between the two of us.

I found it absolutely relaxing hearing the waves crashing to shore, and the sound of seagulls flying around. It was peaceful.

"Big day is in two days." Jeri says as she looks over at me.

"I know, can you believe it?" I say as I run my hand through my hair.

"You two have been through so much. And seeing where you guys are now is... inspiring."

"I know. It's been a rough road, but we made it, right?"

"Yeah." Jeri says then it went silent again.

All I could think about right now was Alex.

"Tobin?"

"Yeah?"

"Listen, please take care of her. You know how much she means to me. Alex is the only family I have left and if something happened-"

"Jeri, I am not going to hurt her or let anything happen to her. I'm going to take care of her and I'm going to be there for her. You don't have to worry." I say with a smile.

"I know... it's just my overprotective side." Jeri says as she shrugs her shoulders.

"That's okay."

"When she called me telling me about your engagement she was so excited. It brought tears to my eyes seeing how madly in love she was. She loves you, Tobin. She really really does."

"And I love her just as much." I say at the thought of Alex.

"You make her really happy and I think we both want her to be happy."

"You're right on that."

Then it went silent again.

"Jeri, I'm going to marry your sister. And I want you to know that she's the best thing that's ever happened to me.

***

ONLY 3 more chapters left!!!