Chapter Fifty One

Alex's POV

I tried eating the food that Jeri made for dinner but I had no appetite, I didn't feel like eating or doing anything at all.

"Alex, you have to eat." Jeri says as she moves the plate closer to me.

"No!" I say as I slam my fist against the table. Jeri jumped at my sudden reaction and she grabbed my hand firmly.

"Alex! You need to calm down. You've been overreacting lately." Jeri says as she lets go of me.

"Maybe you should just leave me alone and worry about yourself!" I say. I stand up and walk up the stairs and walk into my room, slamming the door closed.

I paced around my room and I just felt so much anger. Without even thinking, I punch a hole in my wall. That's when I heard pounding against my door.

"Alex, open the door." I hear Tobin's familiar voice. I let out a frustrated sigh as I open the door and face Tobin.

"What the hell do you want?" I ask, not wanting to deal with anyone.

"I want you to stop this. Stop the anger, just stop. I know it's hard, okay? I know you're grieving but you shouldn't have to act like this." Tobin says calmly.

"Don't tell me what to do Tobin! You don't know me!" I scream back, not wanting to be lectured.

"I do know you, Alex and this isn't you!" Tobin says as she raises her voice.

"Get out of my room." I mumble, not having the strength to raise my voice even more. Without saying a word, Tobin left, without closing the door behind her.

"You can't even close the damn door!" I say as I slam the door closed, making sure she could hear.

*

Tobin's POV

I let out a sigh as I sat at the kitchen table with Jeri. Jeri honestly seemed fine, I knew she still was in a bit of shock but the way she was coping with the loss was far more better than the way Alex was handling things.

"How are you?" I ask Jeri as I watch her take a sip of her coffee.

"Okay, I guess." She replies as she shrugs her shoulders.

"You don't have to pretend that you're fine."

"I'm just trying to stay strong for Alex. Make her feel like things will get better, she's been through a lot y'know? We all have." Jeri says as she lets out a sigh. "I'm surprised you're still here considering the way Alex has been treating you."

"I love her... And I'm not running away again."

"Where's the car?" I hear someone ask. I turn around and see Kelley standing by the door.

"Car?" I ask with confusion.

"Yeah... I mean I figured that one of you would have taken it because the driveway usually has two but there's only one." Kelley says. I try to think of what could have made the car disappear. My eyes widened as I run up the stairs and into Alex's room which was empty.

"Alex is gone." I say as I run back down the stairs.

"Gone?" Jeri asks confused.

"She's not in her room." I say, a wave of panic running through my body.

"Then where the hell is she?" Kelley asks as she throws her hands up in the air in frustration.

"She snuck out..." I say out loud trying to think of where she could possibly be. "It's late out, it's dark, she's angry. C'mon." I grab my phone and the other car keys and the three of get into the car.

I drive to one of the local bars and sure enough, Alex's car was in one of the parking spaces. The three of us get out and walk inside and when we got inside there was a lot of yelling.

I shove through the crowd that has formed and see Alex fighting some girl. My eyes widened as Alex gets slammed to the ground and she screams in anger. She stands up and lays a punch on the girls face. But, the girl fought back as she kicked Alex in the stomach and she fell backwards. The girl got on top of her and began laying multiple punches until Alex's face started bleeding.

I rush over and shove the girl off of Alex and help Alex up.

"Alex, what the hell is wrong with you!" I scream as I hold her face in my hands.

"I don't know."