Chapter Thirty Seven

Tobin's POV

I got back from Alex's house finding no point in trying to explain things to her. She was over me and I took full responsibility for my actions.

It was my fault that we were no longer together but, Alex was right. All she ever did was love me but for some reason I couldn't love her back. But I loved her, she's the one person I want to be with but I always find myself screwing some other girl.

Maybe she isn't the one I was supposed to be with. Maybe Alex is supposed to be happy with someone else. Anyone but me.

I got out of my car and entered my apartment. When I opened the door I saw Christen sitting on the couch watching TV. When she turned and looked at me her eyes widened.

"Tobin, what happened?" She asks rushing to my side but I shake my head.

"I tried." Is all I say with a sigh as she helps me over to the couch.

"Stay here, I'll get you cleaned up." Christen says. She goes to the bathroom and comes back with bandages and a wet towel.

She takes the time to get the blood off my face and placed bandages in necessary places on my face.

Finally, I leaned back and closed my eyes.

"Who did this to you?" Christen asks.

"Alex." I mumble.

"That bitch." Christen says as she clenched her fist.

"Don't call her that. I deserved it."

"But she beat you up? You could have gotten seriously hurt." Christen says sitting next to me.

"And I wouldn't mind. If it makes her feel better to beat me up then I'm fine with it. I deserve it..."

"No, you don't. Why aren't you angry about this?" Christen asks.

"Because. She was the one who always treated me right. It was me making the same mistake over and over again." I say running my hand through my hair.

"I'm sorry. It's my fault you two are in this position. I... i don't know what to say." Christen says.

"You don't have to say anything. It's done."

"I think I should go." Christen says as she stands up.

"Go? Go where?" I ask following her to her room.

"I just can't be here. I think it's best I head back to California and be with my family. I don't belong here, I just ruin things." Christen says, grabbing her luggage and setting it on the floor.

"It wasn't your fault, Chris. It was mine. I started everything." I say, grabbing her hand and stopping her from placing more clothes into her luggage.

"No, Tobin. I can't stay here." Christen says. It wasn't worth arguing with her either. I helped her pack and by the time it was dinner time she had her stuff packed up.

"Should I drive you to the airport?" I ask.

"No, you should get some rest. You had a rough day." She says with a small smile.

I wrapped Christen into a hug.

"Don't take this out on yourself. This was on me." I say pulling away from the hug.

"Don't beat yourself up for this too. You deserve to be... happy. You deserve to be with the person who makes you happy." Christen says with a smile.

"She's gone, Christen. Alex doesn't want me anymore." I say with a sigh.

"Then fight for her." Christen says as she pulls me in for one last hug.

"I'll miss you." I say giving her one last tight squeeze before releasing her.

"Take care of yourself, Tobin." Christen says and with that, she was gone. I had no one else. No one to talk to, no family, no friends. Nothing. Everything was taken away from me and it was my fault.

***

What next?