Chapter Nineteen

Tobin's POV

It's been almost two weeks since Alex and I last talked. It was awkward when I woke up in the morning and she was at the kitchen table sipping coffee.

Everything was just weird, nothing felt the same. The tension in the room was driving me insane. Our connection on the pitch disappeared. We weren't our normal selves.

With a sigh, I open the door of my room and walk into the kitchen. Like always, I see Alex sitting at her usually spot at the kitchen table and yes she was sipping her coffee.

"What is this?" She asks as she shows me a piece of paper. It was the official papers to sign with PSG.

"Are you going to Paris?" She asks and I nod my head yes.

"Just so you can avoid me? Classy move, Tobin." Alex says and I felt like I got stabbed directly in the heart.

"You know, today, I was ready to put this behind us. I was ready to move on so we can be happy again. Not until I found this." Alex says and I can hear the anger in her voice and it made me cringe.

"Alex, I know you don't want me here. I know you don't trust me and I make you uncomfortable so yes. I'm going."

"You've got to be kidding me!" Alex says as she stands up.

"Since when did you care? Ever since you found out about my drug addiction, when did you care?" I ask.

"I care about you, Tobin. Trust me I do."

"No you don't!" I yell and Alex's eyes widen. "If you cared you wouldn't let my past bring us down!"

"I was scared!"

"You felt vulnerable, Alex!"

"God damn it you're my best friend Tobin! If we aren't girlfriends you're still my best friend!"

I let out a sarcastic laugh. "Then why didn't you talk to me for nearly two weeks? You couldn't even look at me!"

"I thought you hated me." Alex says, her voice even raspier.

"You thought I hated you?" I let out another laugh. "For God sakes, Alex I thought you hated me! You found out about one of my secrets, I didn't find about yours."

*

Alex's POV

I felt tears roll down my cheeks. I hated myself for letting this happen. I hated myself for tearing us apart because we were so happy together.

"I hurt you." I say.

"Are you just realizing that now?" Tobin asks.

"No, I hurt you. Years ago, freshmen year of high school at Diamond Bar High."

"What?" Tobin asks, confused. Finally, I knew I had to tell her, I was holding this secret for years.

"You wore nothing but black, you were one of those kids who held their books tightly, scared and vulnerable. You walked through the halls with your head down, scared of people bullying you and harassing you. You were scared of the bullies. You were scared of me." Tears rolled down my cheeks endlessly and I felt everything tear apart.

"I was the one who shoved you into lockers. I was the one who knocked your books out of your hands. I was the one created your black eyes. I was -"

"The captain of the varsity team. Queen of Diamond Bar High. Alexandra Morgan..." Tobin says.

My legs were shaking, I felt sick to my stomach.

"You did this..." Tobin says as she rolls up her sleeves revealing pale white scars that I never noticed.

"Tobin I'm-"

"Don't." Tobin says as she cuts me off.

"I hated you, now you can hate me too." I say with tears still rolling down my cheeks.

"You ruined my life Alex. You should have not reminded me because I'm so in love with you."

***

Plot twist....